Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just a little worried about my morning palps (Read 3960 times)
Ulyssesm90
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Bristol, CT
Just a little worried about my morning palps
Apr 08th, 2013, 4:14am

Hi all,
My issue is that with some consistency I seem to get palpitations exclusively in the morning. I'll wake up (this is before I get out of bed) and my heart will start to beat faster, and then it'll start to skip beats, doing that start and stop thing. Once I seem to get moving and get out of bed it calms down. Anyways, just posting here because I'm a frequent visitor to the forums and you guys know a lot more about this than I do! Normally these little palps don't bother me much so I don't post, but for some reason this has me quite distressed this morning, you're help is appreciated.

Thanks!

IP Logged
Leesamarie
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

North Palm Beach, Florida
Re: Just a little worried about my morning palps
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2013, 5:23am

Mine are worse in the morning as well. My problem seems to be stomach related, and after having my stomach empty all night, I usually get air bubbles moving up once I eat something. The air bubbles set off runs of PVCs until my stomach is cleared of them.

Stress hormones like cortisol are higher in the morning, so that could contribute as well.

It might just be that your heart is beating faster because your body is trying to get moving, and you just get a few more palps around this time.

I also tend to wake up more apprehensive and immediately focus on my body or symptoms. This is common in anxiety sufferers.

Could be a number of reasons, as usually is the case with palpitations.

Hope you feel better!  Wink

Lisa Marie
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print