Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PVC's after surgery...please help (Read 6109 times)
bseitz

I Love YaBB 2!

the state of worry
PVC's after surgery...please help
Apr 11th, 2013, 7:07am

Hey everyone!

Knock on wood I've been having very minimal palpitations for the past several months which has been amazing!!  On Tuesday I had breast augmentation surgery and did very well with that also.  My Dr put me on Valium as a muscle relaxer, Percocet for pain, and Keflex to prevent infection.  That's a lot of meds for me since I don't take anything facially stronger than Advil.  Anyway, haven't taken Valium for almost 12 hrs or Percocet for 24 hrs, but am still taking the Keflex for another three days.  My question is, is it normal to have an increase in skips after having a surgical procedure because if the stress that is placed on your body, or do you think it could be from the antibiotic?  I feel like I sometimes get them more when I take antibiotics for some reason.  I'm just worrying about them so any replies would be appreciated and hopefully RLR can chime in as well  Smiley

IP Logged
bseitz

I Love YaBB 2!

the state of worry
Re: PVC's after surgery...please help
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2013, 2:21pm

Anyone at all?

IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2013, 7:10pm

Well stress & anxiety can cause an increase in palpitations, but I think of those as entities of the mind. Physical stress might induce the same chemical states in the body as mental stress & anxiety, and if so then it would follow that palpitations may occur.

I don't know when Dr. Rane will be returning to the forum, but it'll probably be soon since he has already been away for some time now.

It may be worth visiting or calling your GP and asking their advice.

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
MollyW
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2013, 10:52am

Can I ask did you have palps prior to surgery?
And if so, did they use general anesthesia on you?

I have a sinus surgery coming up and I am super nervous!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print