Sweating (Read 8317 times)
Drempel
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Netherlands
Sweating
Apr 14th, 2013, 6:55am

Didnt find anything on the forum about one of my symptoms so I was wondering if someone recoqnizes the sweating symptom. Once in a while a palptation can trigger an intensive burst of sweating. I start sweating for a couple of minutes and after that it goes away again.

IP Logged
Jonp
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: Sweating
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2013, 9:00am

Seems as though I have every symptom that everyone else has ever had!  I had a spell last year when I was getting hot flushes (or flashes) coupled with palpitations at night.  It felt very unpleasant and sweaty and I could not sleep until they had stopped after an hour or so.  At the time I linked it with adrenaline rush which explained the symptoms and was probably caused by stress and hyperventilation.  It stopped after a few days though I still get the palpitations.

IP Logged
bayroot

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2013, 2:14pm

Hey mate!

Yes this is very common. I think it happens due to excitation of the nervous system. More proof that they are caused by that Smiley

IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2013, 10:59pm

Never had this exact symptom, but I've noticed that if I eat something very sugary and then do physical work, occasionally I'll start sweating, feeling hot, have a sense of weakness and my heart races, almost like low blood sugar. Strange thing is it only happens if I do the physical work part, and even then only sometimes.

Have no clue what could be causing it other than actual low blood sugar. I don't want to break my old blood sugar meter out really, but I may have to at some point.

When you notice your sweating after a palpitation, do you only get the sweating and nothing else? What I mean is, when the sweating begins is it directly preceded by a micro panic (a short lived but intense panic, lasting only moments)?

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
Drempel
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Netherlands
Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2013, 1:33am

I indeed feel a very short burst of something I like to call awareness. However that will only last for about 1 second. After that I feel the sweating coming. Like yesterday I then can walk up to a mirror to calmly see the sweat be "created" without any panic or anxiaty.

Ive notice that the warm feeling sometimes will go away after i've gone to the bathroom. So it might also be caused by my IBS.

IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2013, 2:46pm

Drempel wrote on Apr 15th, 2013, 1:33am:
I indeed feel a very short burst of something I like to call awareness.

Well that's not much of a description of events. When you say awareness, what do you mean? Is it actually a micro panic or just a literal awareness of... something? Do you feel scared when it happens or just aware?

I think despite the fact it only lasts for a second or so, nothing will change with respect to the effects of adrenaline on the body. Although I can't take all variables into account (such as the length of time adrenaline requires before certain effects become evident), I still know that it has a range of symptoms, including sweating. In other words, a short but intense burst of panic will still cause adrenaline secretion, which in turn causes an increase in heart rate and blood pressure, changes in vision, liberation of certain nutrients to aid in a fight or flight, and the other symptoms associated with adrenaline.

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
Drempel
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Netherlands
Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2013, 4:21am

I would like to be able to answer that question but I just dont know what was first. Or the thinking or the feeling sensation itself.

1 Thinking: "Did I feel something happening within my body"
2 Symptom: "Heart Palpitation"
3 After effect: "Sweating"

1 Symptom: "Heart Palpitation"
2 Thinking: "Did I feel something happening within my body"
3 After effect: "Sweating"

I'm not even sure if the sweating was caused by the palpitation or just by thinking of it. The only thing I do know is that fight-or-flight response isnt always there. Its not like i'm experiencing a burst of panic. Although that could be explained by the therapie I had for dealing with panic. I might be able to quickly cope with the feeling of panic.

Basically i'm not sure if my palps are created by a bad move or just stress or my IBS.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print