Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sufferer of Palps for 2 years - still concerned (Read 4400 times)
Elicia
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Sufferer of Palps for 2 years - still concerned
May 16th, 2013, 4:50am

I honestly try not to be a worry wart but it seems as though lately it's all I do.

July 1st, 2011 I had a scare where I seriously thought I was having a heart attack. I was only 31 years old. Went to the ER by ambulance and spent the night in the ER as they checked my cardiac enzymes, did a stress test... all the normal tests for this and then I find out that there was an abnormality in my stress test. I ended up being admitted and then a cardiac cath was done which lead to nothing being found. Everything looked great.

Fast forward to September and I help my in-laws move into a new house. That's when I noticed that something felt off in my chest. I always had the fluttering feeling and finally in January, after realizing that maybe it wasn't stress, went to the ER again. EKG was done, found nothing wrong and then the doctor said that he could see the PVCs but they weren't bad.

Fast forward again to May 2012... after not being able to put up with the palps any longer, my doctor put me on Inderal LA after doing a holter monitor. After 2 weeks, it worked wonders and my palps became far and few between. He told me that after 6 months we would try to come off the Inderal to see if I could handle the palps. For about 2 months I did great. Then more stress came and and now I'm back on the Inderal. I'm waiting for that second week to hit so it can kick in better but I'm noticing something.

Anytime I get heartburn, indigestion or eat anything fatty/greasy (or dairy), they are worse. I couldn't sleep tonight because I couldn't get my palps to calm down. I was feeling better sitting up versus laying down.

Any thoughts of what I can ask of my doctor when I go to my visit next week to check if the Inderal is working properly?

Thanks! Cool

IP Logged
Chele
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: Sufferer of Palps for 2 years - still concerned
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2013, 8:29pm

I'm not a doctor so I can't tell you anything about the drug you're asking about or what else your doctor might want to check. But I've always wondered if it's possible that there are certain things that set off palpitations no matter what meds are given.

As someone who has dealt with heart palpitations for over 20 years though I can tell you that mine are worse when I eat wrong too (the fatty foods you mentioned) and/or start having acid reflux. Mine are also worse if when I'm stressed, too hot, overly tired, or if I lay on my left side to sleep. I've also noticed a hormonal connection-- they seem to get worse when the estrogens are up.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print