Send Topic Print
Where is Dr. Rane? (Read 20190 times)
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Where is Dr. Rane?
Jun 01st, 2013, 5:35pm

It has been exactly 28 days (4 weeks) since Dr. Rane was last online, and his last post was on April 24th (5 weeks 4 days). I don't need to tell any regulars that this is not normal for him, unless of course he has decided to go back to children's hospital for an extended visit.

I'm beginning to think something may have happened to him. As most of us know, he is 93 years old and perhaps both ironically and unfortunately, the most likely of us to actually be at risk of some type of health event.

However, there is another administrator named David who I believe set up this forum and could perhaps be in contact with Dr. Rane in real life. I'm certain that Dr. Rane already has a precautionary measure for any unexpected events and somebody would inform us here if anything were to happen to him.

Hoping you return soon Doctor.

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
bayroot

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: Where is Dr. Rane?
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2013, 5:30am

Its an easy assumption to think something is wrong, given that we are all anxious thinkers, but I'm sure the reality is that RLR is just fine.

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2013, 7:57am

I wrote my concerns a week ago in the longest thread on this forum.

I dont think it has anything to do with anxiety that you might think something happened to a 93 yr old person?
I dont know why RLR wouldnt give a response if he read we were concerned.
So the most logical assumption is there might be something wrong with him.

IP Logged
martinpetersen

"... If your
heart's strong, hold
on   ..."

Denmark
Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2013, 1:56pm

Ok, question's raised, assumptions put forward, but from now on: as long as nobody knows anything ... let's leave it.

IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2013, 11:35pm

Perhaps this is a test by the Doctor to demonstrate that we are more dependant on him than we like to believe. Let's continue discussion in the "Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login" thread.

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
martinpetersen

"... If your
heart's strong, hold
on   ..."

Denmark
Reply #5 - Jun 3rd, 2013, 11:37pm

Smiley

IP Logged
sto12

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2013, 4:51am

I've been wondering where he is also. I hope he is OK. Surely one of the other moderators would let the board know if he wasn't.

IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2013, 5:02am

The moderators are voluntary as far as I'm aware, they are not affiliated with Dr. Rane in real life. The only person who may know is David (administrator).

IP Logged
sto12

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #8 - Jun 6th, 2013, 1:47am

Depending on the board the moderators are often in contact with the administrators. I don't know if that is the case here. Also, the forum is still running so that is a good sign. I hope everything is ok with Dr Rane. I think it is fair enough for forum members to want to know how he is. He is very well liked and respected and it is reasonable to want to know that he is keeping ok.

IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Reply #9 - Jun 6th, 2013, 2:22pm

Well the forum still being online is somewhat neutral. The web space and bandwidth for this forum is donated by chemicalforums.com, we're on a sub-domain on their server so there's no reason for the site to go offline for any reason other than a technical fault or by request/demand. Also, I believe Beadbabe is the only moderator on the forum.

You're right of course, Dr. Rane posts on many sites relating to health and anxiety, including WebMD, NoMorePanic, and I've seen his username and writing style on others that I won't list here.

IP Logged
sto12

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #10 - Jun 7th, 2013, 4:21am

Thanks for the information George.  Smiley  I didn't realise that this forum is part of another forum. So I guess we are still none the wiser regarding the health of Dr Rane. I'm surprised that more people haven't asked about his absence. I'm kind of new to this forum (less than 6 months) so I'm not really sure if such absences are uncharacteristic for Dr Rane. I have seen Dr Rane's posts on nomorepanic and I contacted him through that site. He was very helpful and reassuring at a time when I was quite stressed. I found my way here after seeing this forum mentioned by him on the health anxiety forum at nomorepanic. Once again, I hope that he is well.

IP Logged
david
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #11 - Jun 18th, 2013, 4:48pm

Let's just wait and see if RLR pops back in. There have been a few times When he was busy that he was not around here for a few weeks. Since nobody has any personal contact with him outside of this forum it would be best to just wait and see.

The Administrator.
  IP Logged
david
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #12 - Jun 18th, 2013, 5:09pm

to keep speculation at a minimum let's lock this thread. When he returns or someone knows something we can let everyone know

The Administrator.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print