Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Very unhappy, palps and anxiety (Read 9847 times)
jazzmynn

I Love YaBB 2!

Very unhappy, palps and anxiety
Jun 12th, 2013, 9:42pm

I keep having neck pressure and palps that come and go.
I was practicing with a dance group and they kept happening.
Also, I've been nervous about vacation next week.
Do you truly believe the vagus nerve can cause this?
Is this triggered by anxiety?

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Very unhappy, palps and anxiety
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2013, 9:08am

Absolutely I truly believe this....if you take a look at yourself and the tremendous stress you are putting yourself under it is no wonder your body is responding this way!!!  You need to relax....the feelings wont go away immediately but if you relax and let these things happen with no mental reaction they will calm down....your nervous system is like a tuning fork...every time you hit it it vibrates....so every time you react with fear you are activating your nervous system and it is just doing its job!

Relax, smile and enjoy the day!!!  You will be fine

IP Logged
sto12

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2013, 3:52pm

your nervous system is like a tuning fork...every time you hit it it vibrates....so every time you react with fear you are activating your nervous system and it is just doing its job!

That's a great way of describing it big country. I'm going to try thinking of it that way as well. Thank you. Smiley

IP Logged
bayroot

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2013, 4:36am

Bigcountry, I always liked your posts, but I think your tuning fork analogy is literally the best anxiety explanation I've heard.

You've really hit the nail on the head with that one.

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2013, 10:31am

I found many documentation about neckproblems (ATLAS) and Nervus vagus issues. its amazing how a slight misalignment from your upper neck can put pressure on your nervus vagus with also all our complaints as a result.
So maybe another way to look at this problem.

So now we have anxiety on itself
Stomach issues
and neck issues that all can cause these symptoms we cope with

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2013, 9:03am

Bayroot and Sto12....this is truly the way I visualize things and helps tremendously in recovery from the anxiety that your palps have caused.....there are many reasons for the palps....so if you can understand that we are just more attuned or sensitive then the average human being and because of this we feel them......that is the first step!!!

What sets us apart from everyone else is that we then became afraid of this natural body happening!!!  That is why RLR uses the Eyelid twitching reference all of the time!!! He is asking us, would we freak out the same if our eyelid was twitching and we all know the answer is NO......

So by using the tuning fork analogy I think we can understand that we ARE KEEPING OURSELVES IN THIS HORRIBLE CYCLE by hitting our tuning fork(nervous system) 1000 times a day with fear and adrenaline because we continue to tell our body and mind to be scared so it is just reacting appropriately!!!

I am MUCH better then I was and getting better by the day....WHY?  Because everytime my heart skips a beat, runs fast, quivers etc instead of hitting my tuning fork with fear and apprehesion I go in the exact opposite direction!!  I say things like "go ahead and quiver" or "skip as much as you want" and I continue to do what I am doing and EVERYTIME my heart goes back to normal!!

So in doing this I am reducing the amount of adrenaline and all of the other chemicals that stress dumps in to my body.  RLR has given us so much valuable information....now we have to take that information and incorporate it in to our daily lives and LETS START LIVING!!

I have 3 wonderful children and a busy life and I want to enjoy it while I am here....thats my 2 cents...I hope it helps!!   Smiley

« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2013, 11:57am by bigcountry »  
  IP Logged
sto12

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #6 - Jun 18th, 2013, 6:54pm

Great advice bigcountry. I found myself just wishing that they would go away and I could be the person I once was. Clearly that wasn't working so now I have taken your advice on board and that of Claire Weekes' whose book I just started reading yesterday. Acceptance.

It's interesting because I found my way here in January through the nomorepanic website after I contacted RLR through private message there for another problem that had nothing to do with my heart. Anyway, out of curiosity I started reading the threads here. Within a couple of days I started experiencing ectopics and to this day they continue (except for a week or two here and there). I had had probably two incidents of ectopics in the past. But they were years apart and only persisted for a day or two. So all of that tells me that it was the power of suggestion that started it for me. The mind just has so much influence over the body.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print