Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Palpitations - Please Help (Read 2241 times)
Robin
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Palpitations - Please Help
Jan 24th, 2007, 12:00pm

I have been getting the sensation of my heart doing a "flip-flop" for a few weeks now, ever since having a reaction to Prednisone.

A few weeks ago I had to take Prednisone for a CT Scan, as I am allergic to Iodine Dye.A few hours after I took the pill, I got bad heart palpitations that landed me in the ER for observation. The Dr. said it was a reaction to the Prednisone.

They had been ok since then until a few days ago when I started getting them every few hours again. I hate this feeling, especially when I don't know what's causing it.

I have had heart tests before, and they came back normal including an EKG, Echocardiogram and Stress Test. I had 2 Echocariograms done (one showed Biatrial Enlargement, but my cardiologist said it was the way the leads were placed and also being large breasted).

I have heard that palps are beign if you have a "structurally normal heart". How do I know if I have that?

What could be causing these "flip flop" feelings?

Also, I don't know if this could be related, but I have been having rib pain on both sides and muscle pains in my arms for over 2 months now. I just thought I'd mention that, just in case.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print