Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Constant Dizziness (Read 4109 times)
Keri
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Constant Dizziness
Feb 16th, 2007, 8:18pm

I have been reading the forum with much interest and feel relieved about some of the issues, but I would like to just clarify a couple of things...

After having almost continuous palpatations for a couple of days along with dizziness and shortness of breath, I had an ECG done at my local GP, which I was initially told showed Atrial Fibrilation.  I started some medication, Sotacor and some aspirin.   Later, I saw a Cardiologist  (for under 5 mins) who announced that there was nothing wrong. Even though there was much confusion about whether the ECG results were the right ones, and I was not given any opportunity to ask any questions, I was dismissed quickly.   Shocked  He said that I could stop the medication if I wanted to.  I thought that was an odd response as I didn't think you should take any medication you don't NEED.  So I have stopped taking it.

It has been over two weeks now, and they are still occuring almost constantly so I am continuously feeling faint, tight in the chest and dizzy.  Some of my symptoms definately coincide with what you have described as Palpatations, so I am in two minds.  Is it worth getting things looked at again, or am I just worrying unnecessarily??  I have even wondered if resuming the medication would help, I just don't want to self medicate I  guess, but it is quite debilitating and upsetting.

Cheers
Keri

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Re: Constant Dizziness
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2007, 3:18am

Hi Keri

I don't know anything about your medication, but if you were taking medication for your heart then I would have thought you'd have to have been weaned of them under supervision of your GP.

Personally I feel the cardiologist should have been a little more informative.  I would go back to my Doctor, and explain what you've told us, as stopping certain medication suddenly without advice from your doctor can cause side effects.

Also alot of what you are experiencing can be a effect of anxiety, as I'd be feeling pretty anxious if a cardiologist did that to me.

I'm sure your fine, let us know what you decide to do, if you don't mind that is?  Smiley

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print