Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OCD's and tummy discomfort please help! (Read 12471 times)
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
OCD's and tummy discomfort please help!
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:23am

Hi

I feel really fed up, i'm sitting here crying, Past week my tummy down below has been really sore, it sometime hurts to wee or the other, I know I've recently ovulated.  My IBS is playing up I'm sure of it, every morning at about 6am I get tummy ache and have to go toilet, though I do not have dioriah (however you spell it) .  It all started without going into to much detail when me and my hubby got a bit fruity one morning and after my belly hurt like a really bad period pain, I've had this before, and it's all stemed from there.  The pain I get is in 2 places where I'd assume my ovarys are.

My OCD is really bad, I don't know what to do, I put a top on in the morning, then I get this thought you'll die if you where that, then I have to change it, I try to fight it but can't, please help, I'm so fed up with this, I have to check things over and over, it's driving me crazy, I'm convinced my hearts going to go out of sinc, like now I'm crying and my chest feels funny.  I've been waking up anxious, and this morning I woke feeling really off balance, it was horrible.

I know I have anxiety and I'm working on that, but I know there are other factors like my menstral cycle and IBS that also contribute to my symptoms, so how can I overcome that to.

Sorry just having a bad few days, I'm just so sick of it all.

Kath x

« Last Edit: Mar 08th, 2007, 5:18am by Kathryn »  

Kath x
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Re: OCD's and tummy discomfort please help!
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2007, 5:33am

Hi

Sorry about that earlier, I just was so fed up, I'm trying to put what I've learnt into practice, it's just really hard.

Like I said my tummy's sore, whenever I eat I get really bloated, I can feel my heart beating most of the time, the tightening's have settled down, and the missed or weird beats, but they all occured after the above.  

The past couple of morning I've woken and I can feel in my chest that it's going to race and I'm going to feel like I can't get a deep breath before I even get up.

But its about 1 now and I've done ok, got the children to school youngest to pre-school and then my anxiety management class got cancelled, so was brave and went food shopping on my own.

Just finding it hard to get out of this dip, need to stay positive and eliminate negative thoughts, thats what I'd tell others.

Thanks for reading

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2007, 5:58am

Kathryn,

It's important for you to work on understanding why the mind must engage in compulsory activities in order to try and reduce anxiety. Your work with your therapist should include work in this area as well, so that you can begin to defend yourself from allowing patterns like this to persist.

Basically, you're going to have to realize that you have greater control over some things, and less control over others and nothing you do by ritual can change or alter that fact in any manner whatsoever. You are obsessed with fears so overwhelming that you must practice compulsory activities as a means to rationalize your thoughts, reduce anxiety and create a false sense of security. You need to realize and accept that the obsessions are entirely irrational and have no basis in fact. Therefore, the outcome of such fears is entirely irrational as well. You can wear any clothing you choose, refrain from counting and any other activity and life for that day will exist no differently than the one before it, or yet to come. That's a fact.

You'll be fine. The symptoms are nothing to be concerned about in this case.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2007, 6:14am

Thank you

I did over react a little this morning.  I should not let it get to me like that.

I so want to stop the counting and obsessive thoughts, I know deep down they are just a complete waste of time, I do not see anyone at the moment and am still on the waiting list for CBT and to see a counseller, I wish I could afford to go private.

I'm stick of having to do my little routine every night, and I'm sick of all the other little obsessions, I'd love just to go straight to bed, and wear the pjs I want, just in case I'm rushed into hospital I need to be wearing my sensible pjs just in case I'd not have time to change, I know how it sounds totally ridiculus! the OCD's come before I had the anxiety issues, and it went from there, got worse after each pregnancy.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I am doing my best to get over this, promise!

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
saab

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2007, 6:50am

Sorry to hear you are having such a difficult day. I'm having an anxious day too (due to not enough sleep), but I know these feelings will pass - yours will too, I'm sure, we just have to let it wash over us and know that these feelings don't mean anything. Best wishes.

IP Logged
Stu M

Keep Smiling :0)

Northants - UK
Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2007, 11:33am

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for helping me out earlier.

Sorry to hear youve had a bad day too!!

I hope your feeling a bit better now, and try and keep smiling  Smiley

Stu

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #6 - Mar 8th, 2007, 2:14pm

Thanks for your posts, it always helps to get supportive messages, I really appreciate it.  

Hope you all have better days tomorrow, and I'll try to smile more.

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
TOOTS

I Love YaBB 2!

UK
Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2007, 2:15am

Hi Kathryn,

sorry to hear you have felt so down lately, only just read your messages - I know that feeling when you wake up and your tummy feels that way -I also have IBS which  I take medication for but a few years ago when my husband had to work away a lot and I was getting into such a spin with anxiety and panic my IBS was terrible - waking early in the morning and continually going to the loo and  bloated stomach  it frightened me and the minute my anxiety kicks in now so does that.
I do take tablets to surpress the acid but also take a spoonful of Manuka honey a few times a day before I eat my meals - it may be physcological but it does seem to help as it has  natural properties which are good for the stomach.  

You will come through this  as we all seem to and then when something does happen we know we have got this site to help and support us.

You sound as though you are working really hard on dealing with your anxiety but as you say it is difficult.  I had a bad spell a couple of weeks ago and came onto the site for advice and it really helped, just remember we are all here for each other and thinking of each other. Take care.

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2007, 3:20am

Thank you

I will take note of the manuka honey and give it a try, (don't like honey much) but if it helps my tummy.  Can I get it from the supermarket?

Thanks Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
TOOTS

I Love YaBB 2!

UK
Reply #9 - Mar 9th, 2007, 10:31am

Hi Kathryn

I am in England and yes you can get manuka honey in supermarkets and health food stores, it is from New Zealand, a bit expensive  but if you try a small jar to begin with.

Take care.

IP Logged
TOOTS

I Love YaBB 2!

UK
Reply #10 - Mar 9th, 2007, 10:32am

Hi Kathryn

I am in England and you can buy Manuka, which is from New Zealand in  most supermarkets and health food stores, a bit expensive but start with a small jar first.

Take care.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print