Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fed up with these!  any advice rlr (Read 9005 times)
cazza

I Love YaBB 2!

england
Fed up with these!  any advice rlr
Mar 13th, 2007, 10:45am

Hi  I have now had these missed beats for over 9 months  every single day!!  I feel i have been coping with them but i can honestly say i never feel really well.  I am very overweight and have lost 3 stone but cant seem to loose any more try to keep fit on treadmill and bike but my weight is stuck!
I suppose i feel what if  my heart is struggling because of my weight i have been big all my life    the cardiologist never mentioned my weight and just said my missed beats were not sinister    what are your thoughts rlr on weight and palps?   Im just so fed up with these and worried i suppose
please help
carol x

IP Logged
saab

Re: Fed up with these!  any advice rlr
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2007, 1:33pm

Just wanted to say what a fantastic achievement it is to have lost 3 stone. I have lost a stone at Weight Watchers and want to lose another 2 ideally, but it is hard work and requires a lot of discipline. I don't think my ectopics are related to my obesity, but I feel that if I feel physically better I will feel emotionally better and they may not bother me as much. Well done.

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2007, 2:54pm

Yes well done,

I'm fortunate that I think stress and anxiety or just a high matabolism naturally keep me slim, but friends have done weight watchers and it's a great way of losing weight, but still being able to eat a balanced diet, my friend ran with hers slowly and not for long to start but now she can run for a good 30 mins +, she got to her ideal weight in 8 weeks!

Also I've got big friends and some are actually fitter than me!

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2007, 3:53am

The relative status of body weight has no bearing on the presence of the type of benign palpitations being discussed on this forum.

It is quite admirable that you've reduced your weight and it's important to realize that the body has stages that are experienced through weight loss wherein it appears no weight loss can be experienced despite efforts at times. All dieters experience this phenomenon and it's sometimes that cause for frustration and abatement of further attempts to lose weight. It's actually a sort of safety feature in a way and the body will resist tremendous and consistent weight loss throughout the term of dieting, instead appearing to be productive over distinct periods of time. Part of this has to do with genetics as well and your specific body type. Too much weight loss at one time is unhealthy as well.  

Don't become discouraged. Continue with your diet. You're doing great. Simply bide your time and combine prudent exercise with healthy dietary habits. You will again experience a reduction at certain points of your regimen. Just don't overdo it in trying to overcome these hurdles. It will take place in good time.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
cazza

I Love YaBB 2!

england
Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2007, 11:18am

thanks for the replies   I think i am just struggling to accept there is nothing wrong with my heart!
I just cant accept its normal to get these everyday  I feel im on top of them and positive  then bam i go back down when i have a run of them :'(
Oh to be without these dreaded things
carol x

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2007, 3:00pm

Okay, to clarify your statement - it's not that the palpitations are "normal" but rather entirely "harmless.

I realize your frustration but you're going to be fine.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
cazza

I Love YaBB 2!

england
Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2007, 3:13am

THanks rlr    that is what i keep telling myself  they are harmless
but why do they make me feel ill?  I just never feel what i can say is well anymore
I worry all the time about things    and my main problem is i think there is a link about me being 16 stone and my heart  even though i have lost 3 stone !!  i realise its a vicious circle and beleive me i really do try to break this  i have been waiting for couselling for 3 months now to see if i can get some confidence back in my self   as always thank you   carol

IP Logged
Stu M

Keep Smiling :0)

Northants - UK
Reply #7 - Mar 20th, 2007, 6:51am

Hello Carol,

Well done on losing weight, keep going and you will get to a place you are happy with  Smiley  

With help and understanding I think we can all get better so keep smiling  Grin

Stu

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print