Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nausea and palpitations (Read 2455 times)
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Nausea and palpitations
Nov 12th, 2007, 1:24am

My family have all been sick this week and although I wasn't actually being sick, I was laid low as couldn't eat anything for a couple of days, and stomach very upset (the top half). What I have found is that I am now stuck with really bad nausea and constant ectopics. Is there a correlation between nausea and palpitations? I feel I am back at my worst with the ectopics (despite an improvement of sorts), and this has all brought my worrying back.

bead

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: Nausea and palpitations
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2007, 4:25am

Okay, now remember that GI upset of any nature has to potential to cause palpitations to occur. Although it's a very natural and understandable response, it's important to refrain from cause-and-effect thinking such as what I've described on the forum on several occasions. In other words, realize that the Vagus nerve (which innervates the GI tract as the gastric nerve) will respond to general GI distress and not necessarily or specifically "nausea" or other symptom. So when giving consideration to the underlying cause for increased palpitations, always remember that the vagus nerve is not able to distinguish one type of distress from another, but rather responds and becomes stimulated by GI distress in general.

Stomach viruses typically range from 5 to 7 days before you'll begin to feel fully recovered. Eat soup or small portions of bland food products and get plenty of rest. You'll be fine.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print