Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hello (Read 2632 times)
tracyscards
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

hello
Aug 09th, 2008, 1:18pm

hi i am an anxiety sufferer for 10yrs and it is really doing me in now  i am getting really anxious lately and i dont know why i have been refused cbt as i wasnt that bad apparently and it is overpowering the meds as well which doc doesnt want to up them as yet so i dont know how to deal can anyone advise Embarrassed

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: hello
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2008, 7:46pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm a little confused why you would be turned away from CBT. Are you saying that they refused to treat you or that your insurance carrier refused to cover it? I'm afraid I've not heard of a patient being turned away. Could you explain that in a little more detail?

If you don't mind sharing, please indicate what medications you are being prescribed and the dose, as well as how long you've been taking them.

I'll be glad to discuss your current circumstances with you and it would help if you would provide me with some basic orientation, ie were their any precipitating factors that led to your anxiety disorder 10 years ago and have there been any changes in your life or other circumstances that have occurred proximal to the most recent increase in symptoms?

Also, please post your response under the symptoms heading so that I can keep better track of it.

You'll be fine. Just give some thought to my questions and we'll begin a dialogue.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print