Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
lifestyle and symptoms (Read 1822 times)
carol

I Love YaBB 2!

lifestyle and symptoms
Aug 26th, 2008, 12:05am

I was going to title this "are your symptoms cyclical" ... but I re-read a few posts and I realize that for most of you the answer is "yes". But what I'm more interested to know is if they are random or tied to other things in your life?

I have been feeling fabulous (read: no symptoms to speak of) for several weeks, but over the last few days they've crept back. The difference this time is that they don't jump start any anxiety -- I have learned to regard them with detachment -- so they haven't spiraled out of control like before. I really have been good at ignoring the little spells of tachycardia and odd feelings that put me in ER in the past, so this is all good! BUT, when I look at my circumstances, I have been taking things VERY easy over the last month, sleeping as much as I needed to, not having any stress or deadlines in my life. Now I'm getting busier, there are a few demands on me work-wise, and I'm concerned that this is what is affecting me now. However, I cannot live a life of leisure forever!! Is anyone else in this situation (life stress, even small amounts, lead to heart symptoms), and what do you do about it? I know I am going to get even busier over the next few months and I don't want to fall apart!! My worst symptom right now is a relentless feeling in my upper body of my heart pounding away, despite my heart rate being completely normal while this is happening. All the ignoring in the world doesn't help me get to sleep, stop it from waking me up or ensure that I am well rested to tackle the next day. Might beta blockers be something that would help me cope with this? Don't wanna take them if I don't absolutely have to ... but I may get to the point of being willing to consider just about anything.  Tongue

Carol

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print