Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Weakness down left arm and side (Read 3492 times)
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Weakness down left arm and side
Jan 31st, 2010, 5:58pm

Along with the palps and dizziness, I get this awful weak feeling down one side. It gets worse if I  get angry or worried about anything and it feels scary as hell. I keep meaning to ask RLR about this

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: Weakness down left arm and side
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2010, 4:18pm

Okay, the reason that humans experience referred pain, such as in the left arm during an MI event, is due to human development. The nerve plexus for the heart originates in the left shoulder region during development and as the fetus grows and divisions of the nervous system become more complex and localized, some of the nerve endings which now lie somewhat distant to the heart can still be stimulated to pain occurring at the heart muscle. Thus, referred pain is encountered in a location that may be distant to the immediate anatomical location where the pain is actually originating.

In your particular case, however, a sense of weakness or a clubbed limb sensation is not uncommon with anxiety disorder. Anger can further agitate the nervous system, but the connection possibly being suggested here between anger and a subsequent negative affect on the heart and vascular system to the extent it is producing ischemic effects or referred cardiac discomfort would not be probable under the circumstances.

I see nothing here to suggest that you're at any risk.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Re: Weakness down left arm and side
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2010, 5:49am

Thank you RLR. I never knew about this weakness and clubbed hand symptom - I am coming to see that most of my symptoms are stress related

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print