Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RLR Another vagus nerve question (Read 2047 times)
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
RLR Another vagus nerve question
Jun 8th, 2010, 7:20am

I have printed off your answers below because I know reading it will calm me. Especially this

"Whether you believe it or not, it indeed originates in this form and can be reversed. You can have your lives back, but you have to first stop being guided by irrational beliefs, by influences which hold no basis in fact and to step away from the notion that the physical changes are the result of some type of disease or physical problem."

This paragraph represents and holds on to my hope.

I do think being educated in the vagus nerve function is helpful to all of us, although I am speaking for myself when I say thank you for putting it in as layman terms as is possible.

Can you further explain why the bending forward and left side pressure etc marries up to those ideas. That is, is it that it has become oversensitive, or sensitized to a degree where slight bodily changes produce these symptoms.

I am thinking here on the same lines that, since having this condition, small things also make me jump..not just a sudden slam of a door, but minor sudden noises and happenings. Not sure if my questions are clear, but would appreciate your answers if possible

« Last Edit: Jun 09th, 2010, 11:03am by Typer »  

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Re: RLR Another vagus nerve question
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2010, 11:01am

To add to my questions above:

Today another brave outing to the supermarket. By the time I went (2pm) I had only a few nothing to speak of palps (very light and hardly noticeable) - I had to put my basket down at the salad bar then bend down to put the salad in - as I stood up, Bam! a large, take your breath away thud accompanied by a swimming, dizzy feeling which does only last for seconds, but disorientates me enough that I have to hang on to something.

My question, which relates to the above is, how does the bending forward and the lying on left side etc, fit with the stress/anxiety - that is, if one removes stress, somewhere down the line gets better, would one still get a plap on leaning forward etc? Is that something else?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print