Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Skipped beats" - RLR (Read 1644 times)
jothenurse
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

"Skipped beats" - RLR
Feb 01st, 2011, 4:45am

I have gotten "skipped" beats in the past, and for the most part I never let them bother me.  When I started to get Tachycardia from my anxiety, I didn't notice them very much.  The last few days I have been getting them again.  When I had them before, they used to make me cough.  The ones I have been getting lately seem different.  Just feeling the skip in my chest and if I take my pulse I can feel the 'skip."  Is this something I should be worried about or do they change sometimes?  I haven't been on my ativan now for 4 days, have tapered off of that and that has caused some increase in anxiety.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: "Skipped beats" - RLR
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2011, 6:44pm

I see nothing in your description to warrant concern. The characterization of benign palpitations often varies, but they nevertheless remain strictly within the classification of benign. It is entirely normal to be able to sense a palpitation event while taking one's pulse. Nothing to be concerned about in that regard.  

Changes in your scheduled dose of Ativan can indeed produce mild withdrawal and temporary increase in anxiety.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print