HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Heartbeat in ears? (Read 4945 times)
ckgage

I Love YaBB 2!

Heartbeat in ears?
Feb 02nd, 2011, 7:17pm

Does anyone else have this??  It's hard to forget about my benign palpitations when I can HEAR them half the time!!  I also feel my heartbeat strongly in my throat or neck sometimes.  In fact, I feel it in many different places.  Is this just me being hyper-aware of my heart?  I have normal/low blood pressure; don't know if that is relevant.  Just curious if I'm the only one!

IP Logged
Andrea

I Love YaBB 2!

Arizona
Re: Heartbeat in ears?
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:16pm

When I lay down and my ear is on the pillow I can hear my heartbeat. I can't hear it if I'm just sitting around though. My blood pressure is also normal/low-ish. Interesting.

IP Logged
lorri
Forum Newbies

Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2011, 3:24pm

very interesting, i also have normal/low bp and hear my heartbeat in my ears when trying to sleep!!

IP Logged
jothenurse
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2011, 5:57pm

I can hear it sometimes also.  I don't think this is anything to worry about.  I tend to run a lower blood pressure.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2011, 8:46am

This is known as pulsatile tinnitus and has nothing to do with blood pressure, nor does it indicate a problem.

Several circumstances can cause the phenomenon to occur, the most common being stress/tension of the musculature in the neck which causes the auditory nerve to detect impulses from the internal carotid artery.

The sensation typically self-resolves.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print