Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Event monitor (Read 1490 times)
Andrea

I Love YaBB 2!

Arizona
Event monitor
Apr 01st, 2011, 7:39pm

Ok. Since my doctor didn't catch any of my pvcs on the 24 hour test, and because I've had a slight change in what the palpitations FEEL LIKE, she ordered me to wear an event monitor.

Has anyone else ever had one?

Mine is hooked up to a cell phone that sends the results to a monitoring company whenever I press record. It also will send things on it's own if I don't feel it or whatever.

Well. My pulse tends to take off when I go from a laying/sitting position to a standing position. I just got out of bed from taking a nap and it sent the results automatically to the monitoring center... and THEY CALLED ME. It scared the crap out of me.  They wanted to know if I was having any symptoms, and I said "Well, no... I just got out of bed, that's all." They said "Oh, ok. Well have a good night."

If they call every time I get out of a chair, or out of bed.. I'm going to go crazy.

I hate that the thing shows me what my pulse is. I don't want to know!! haha.

Should I be worried? I assume because the guy just told me to have a good night that it's probably nothing dangerous but... what on earth? Why does my pulse go up SO MUCH that the monitoring company feels the need to call me?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print