Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ablation (Read 3295 times)
Dm7
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Ablation
Jun 01st, 2011, 4:50pm

Hi - I am a 41 yr old, extremely athletic and pretty health conscious  woman who has been dealing with supraventricular tachycardia for about 4 yrs. It's been recommended that I have the ablation procedure.  I was just wondering if any one else had this procedure and could tell me their experiences and give me some insight on it.  My doctor said that my svt is not dangerous so I'm not sure it would be wise to have a procedure done that does has some risks.  I do have events approx. once a month and do take toprol so it would be nice to be done with all of that. Thanks.  Smiley

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: Ablation
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2011, 6:59pm

Okay ablation procedures have a documented history of mixed results and the incidence described would make the decision mostly elective at this point. If it preoccupies you to the extent that you can do little else, or there has been an increased incidence, then you may want to weigh this against the surgical risks involved.

Also, please describe the first incidence of the PVST and whether it has changed in character over time. Please describe the duration of the events and whether intervention has ever been required.

Although not described, I'm presuming that diagnostic evaluation has indicated a re-entrant node responsible for the PVST.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print