Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie question about palpitations. (Read 1826 times)
wendy63
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Newbie question about palpitations.
Jul 10th, 2011, 3:20pm

Hello, I am  a newbie. I am Wendy and from the UK.
I was looking for a forum for palpitations and came across this one.
I have been having palpitations now for 7 years approximately. First it started with a skipped or added beat here and there but lately it's a few thuds or four or five added heart beats with sometimes leaves me dizzy and /or sweating. I then have a feeling of dread and very anxious. It also feels as though I have a build up of pressure sometimes but it's not crushing. I do get very sharp pains sometimes too.
I have seen a cardiologist, had ECG's, echo scans, treadmill, stress test, 24 hour monitors and a tilt test. Nothing really has ever shown up apart from what the caediologist called ''Benign ectopics''.
I do have Lupus and in the past has pericarditis but I recently seen my rheumatologist and he said he couldn't hear friction rub so he doubted this was pericarditis.
Even after all this time with the palpitations, I still get very worried and then I start to get very anxious.
I think if there was anything wrong with my heart, after several years of palpitations, presssure and pain something would of shown up.
Does anyone else have similar symptoms and if so what is the best way to deal with it. Do you think it's worthwhile getting a second opinion?
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance Wendy x

PS! I forgot to mention I take warfarin/comuadin for previous DVT's.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print