Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Possible CSF leak, advice please RLR? (Read 1885 times)
Skippy66

I Love YaBB 2!

Possible CSF leak, advice please RLR?
Oct 12th, 2011, 1:04am

Hi RLR, I've not been around here for a while. It's not because my palpitations have gone, it's because thanks to you I'm coping with them much better.

I've recently seen a neurologist for a separate issue, one of my eyelids droops every morning and my GP suggested MG. It isn't, according to the neurologist, because MG usually makes an eyelid more droopy throughout the day whereas mine is only drooping for about 10 minutes every morning. He's referred me for a scan, and to see an eye doctor.

Anyway last night I woke up at 1am with what felt like a nosebleed (I have these from time to time). However when I opened my eyes, my pillow wasn't stained with blood. It was basically water coming out of my left nostril. I was lying on my left hand side.

I had no other symptoms and once all the water was out, my nostril felt dry again - no mucous. There was a fair amount of clear fluid - like a moderate nosebleed.

The symptom concerned me enough to google 'clear fluid from nostril', and all the results indicated CSF leak, and that I should go to A and E. I didn't - I went back to sleep but I was quite anxious about it.

This morning I've woken up with a mild headache on my left side, which I get quite often anyway.

I don't know who to turn to for advice. Do you think it could have been a CSF leak as Dr Google suggested? Should I be rushing myself to the emergency dept?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print