HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sweets=ectopics (Read 6163 times)
lmg83brown

I Love YaBB 2!

sweets=ectopics
Feb 09th, 2012, 5:53pm

I just wanna mention to all that I have noticed a connection to eating sugar and ectopics .  I had an increase in heartrate to about 130 with frequent ectopics following a fairly large portion of food with sugar.  Just thought I would share the connection.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: sweets=ectopics
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2012, 6:15pm

Okay, such a connection is entirely subjective in nature and there is no actual scientific correlation between the ingestion of sugars, both simple and complex, and the manifestation of vagus nerve-induced palpitation events.

The consumption of significant amounts of sugar, however, does produce increased gas production in the intestines due to fermentation and it is this consequence which results in the potential for such palpitation events to arise.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
AnxiousFella
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2012, 9:52am

With sugar intake blood sugar levels plummet, the brain reacts by sending out a panicked adrenaline alarm, leading to severe anxiety....and thus palps

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2012, 4:24pm

Okay, that statement is entirely inaccurate. It also speaks contrary to the question and circumstances posed by the original author of the thread, who noticed palpitations in the presence of significant intake of complex sugars, not "plummeting" levels.

Palpitations do not arise from epinephrine imposed upon the cardiac tissues.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print