Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So unbelievably afraid (Read 6479 times)
babybear
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

So unbelievably afraid
Feb 11th, 2012, 3:08am

Hello,
I have a history of pvc's, last 8 years or so. I have had uncountable ECG's, holter monitors and chest x-rays. I'm at 37, female, never smoked, don't drink, never done drugs, have exercised all my life.
I have also had three echo's. First one was 'normal', back in 2005.I had another one last October, was never informed of findings until I was sent a referral to another cardiologist, which I attended yesterday.
My scan came back as " abnormal " and he has referred me for an MRI to rule out ARVD. I can't explain the fear I have, I have cried since leaving his office.
He said he does not ' think ' it is the condition but mentioned it anyway? I asked why it was abnormal and he said it could be many things, even to the way the scan was taken.
I'm fit, I have exercised all my life. I am 5ft 2 inches tall, 136 pounds, my blood pressure is always normal, has never been high.
I have three children and I'm going out of my mind with worry. I have no history of this condition in my family. I have never passed out with the PVC's, I have never been breathless or had chest pain.....I don't even get out of breath after exercising.
I'm desperately after a little reassurance, he wasn't the warmest of cardiologists and I don't understand why he mentioned something so serious if he * thinks * I don't have it.
Thank you x :'(

IP Logged
jess33

I Love YaBB 2!

UK
Re: So unbelievably afraid
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2012, 3:51am

Now this is what most of us cant get to grips with, why, if you have had many ecg's, do they only find something on one? If there is obviously a "problem" why have other ecg's come back normal? What if there is something else going on and more ecg's are needed? To me, they dont seem accurate at all and definitely doesnt put my mind at rest.

IP Logged
babybear
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2012, 3:58am

Hi Jess,

Every ECG has come back normal.....my echo yesterday didn't and that's when he mentioned this condition. I can't tell you how afraid I am. I'm not coping.

IP Logged
jess33

I Love YaBB 2!

UK
Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2012, 4:14am

I can totally understand how afraid you are and probably so does everyone else on this forum. I've had many nervous breakdowns due to the fright these things give me. I had my first breakdown at 21 im 37 now. I've also had many many ecg's and only one came back saying something, others before and after that were normal. How do you figure that one out??!!! I hope RLR will answer you soon, he's a fantastic man. Hang in there sweetie xxx

IP Logged
birdie
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2012, 12:14pm

May I ask how many PVCs a day you have?
I think you would have ECG changes if you had that condition,  
I know how difficult it is for you at the moment but try to stay calm, it's good that you've been referred for an additional test because you will get some answers soon.
I wish you well

IP Logged
babybear
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #5 - Feb 11th, 2012, 12:45pm

It depends.....for weeks I'd have probably hundreds a day, the last fortnight I'm not even having one a day.
For two years I didn't have one!
I know I need to calm myself but I can't, I'm scared witless  :'(

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print