Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Palpitations... left side of chest? (Read 5480 times)
e_ramon
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Palpitations... left side of chest?
Mar 05th, 2012, 8:03pm

Just recently I've started experiencing completely different palpitations to what I'm used to. These are predominantly felt in the left side of my chest rather than the centre, anywhere from the armpit or nipple area down to the base of the ribcage. They seem to come and go whenever they choose to, but they become more intense after food or drink. The pulse simply becomes very prominent in the left side, and can be easily felt through the skin, which has become quite bothersome for me in the 3 months or so since it began. So far it has shown no signs of letting up. I don't recall making any major change in diet or medicine intake... apart from briefly using Zantac tablets, which I stopped doing months ago anyway.

At this point I should mention there is some history of anxiety in my family, which I have inherited (I've had at least 3 ECGs taken over the last few years, which were all standard). I've been somewhat reluctant to accept how dramatically anxiety can affect the body, having believed on a number of occasions I was having heart problems (all turned out to be panic attacks). Physical health history on both sides of the family is decent, and I turned 22 last September. Could anxiety symptoms be bluffing me yet again? Are there other things I should consider? (I've had worsening problems with indigestion- acid reflux, bloating, etc. Also have unilateral pectus carinatum- chest protrudes outwards on right side. Never known it to cause any issues though.)

Cheers,

Edward

IP Logged
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Re: Palpitations... left side of chest?
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2012, 6:27pm

I have the left side (armpit, left chest and ribs) mostly these days. Still get the middle chest and neck as well...but those you describe are my main palps these days. Hope RLR will explain why they are felt this way to you - there is a post by him somewhere, but I doubt I can find it now

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
e_ramon
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Palpitations... left side of chest?
Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2012, 6:36pm

Yeah I get others too... lately it just feels like a twitching sensation that comes and goes in random spots around the torso.
Right side gets it too, back, gut area... probably should've covered that in my first post Tongue But the left side is the most bothersome for some reason.
Trying to find answers online turned out to be fairly counterproductive (in fact it usually does, hah!), and I'm certainly no closer to nailing the cause myself...
Thanks for mentioning that post though, depending on the outcome of this thread I might opt to go digging for it

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print