Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
increase in heart rate just after exercising.. (Read 7653 times)
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

increase in heart rate just after exercising..
Sep 15th, 2012, 2:42am

Dear RLR , I quote you

Okay, you're making reference to two different factors.

An initial increase in heart rate immediately following exercise is different from palpitations being experienced during the same timeframe. Palpitations are not recorded as increased heart rate.  

Research is underway to determine how many patients with a delayed vagus reactivation are significant for any problems. It does not mean that you're ill or that anything is necessarily wrong. I'm simply informing you of the studies underway on the phenomenon. We're still uncertain of the significance and continue to seek more data.

Best regards and Good Health

Dear RLR , I have the same problem with exercise. therefore I dont do it.
I must believe in 5 years you know more about this phenomenon and if this is an indication of anything, like you posted in 2007

« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2012, 9:43am by richie »  
  IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Re: increase in heart rate just after exercising..
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2012, 1:50pm

Richie, are you saying that you do no exercise simply because of the fact that your heart rate is elevated afterwards?

Am I the only one thinking this a completely normal psyiological response? I've always experienced this and as far as I'm concerned, it's totally normal. If you've just used a muscle group more vigorously than normal, those muscles are surely in need of extra oxygen and other nutrients to recover from the session? That means the heart is going to pump faster.

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2012, 10:10pm

no I mean that just after the exercise , so i mean when I finish the exercise sometimes my heart rate increases first instead of coming down.So climbing the stairs 130 bpm.. sit down after it, 145 and then it goes back..
or also noticed..it drops like a jojo  
so exercise ,lets say 150 bpm, then 125 ,130, 122,124,115,120,110,114
it fluctuates.

IP Logged
martinpetersen

"... If your
heart's strong, hold
on   ..."

Denmark
Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2012, 11:33pm

I'd say it's totally normal. It takes a little while for the body to reestablish the oxygen-balance. Just like you are short of breath some minutes after hard excercise. So of course the heart's gotta work a little while after excercising.
And I'm sure it fluctuates. Even when resting it can fluctuate.

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2012, 7:22am

thx for answering

I dont know, it doesnt feel normal. the same is my blood pressure
When I lay down or sit comfortably on the couch my BP is fine.
When I stand up or sit straight upo, or first bend over to pick something up I often do feel more pressure on my chest. (I always feel a numb pressure)When I take my bloodpressure just after the standing up or bending over and standing up its 150-105 or something in that zone.  After a few minutes it adjust itself back to 135-85 zone. Why does my diastolic pressure increase that much just by changing postion or bending over? picking something from the ground, standing up? My heart reacts the way I told you in the earlier post in this thread. Whenever I do this it doesnt feel right on my chest. I feel pressure. my doc and fysio say muscles.. I say ..no way.. see my BP.. and heart rate..thats where the pain pressure comes from. Thats when they say anxiety

my fear. problems in arteries and so on..
Does this bloodpressure just after changing position matter or is it always your bloodpressure after a few minutes rest which matters?

Is your heart and your arteries well equiped to handle these differences in BP throughout the day?

as far as I know your diastolic pressure. (underpressure, always the low one normally in the BP) should go down when exercising or activation ..!!!   In my case it pops up and then goes back to normal level..but doesnt come down further

IP Logged
martinpetersen

"... If your
heart's strong, hold
on   ..."

Denmark
Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2012, 7:31am

From what I know about BP-measuring you don't measure immediately after any movement, but sit still for at least 5 minutes, then you measure. So I really don't think you can use the measurement in the way you explain, it doesn't make sense.

And my personal opinion is that you shouldn't go around and measure at all. Maybe once a month, but not as often as it sounds like.

Of course it ain't nice to feel bad, but since all attempts to diagonose anything seems to be negative, at least you should say to yourself: "This isn't dangerous at all, though it feels like hell". And then maybe sort of learn to perform your normal activities without thinking about the "hell" you're in.
It's in your brain, in your thinking, in my opinion.

So: Stop taking heart rates and BP, what you write here in my opinion (I'm no doctor) is totally normal.

Best of luck!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print