Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: some old and new questions (Read 2869 times)
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: some old and new questions
Jan 01st, 2013, 6:08am

The pain you are describing is attributed to chest wall pain, or DaCosta's Syndrome, and highly characteristic of persons with significant anxiety.

Benign palpitations can occur during either the atrial or ventricular portion of the cardiac cycle and are only referred to technically as either paroxysmal atrial or ventricular contractions. While sensations vary depending upon the entry point during the cardiac cycle, neither variant is characteristic of actual pain. Discomfort is associated with muscular response of proximal innervated regions to the wayward evoked potentials or nerve impulses which induce the heart to respond muscularly as well.  

"I dont know how to break this cycle."

The resolution to interrupting the cycle is not about exercising to overcome it. It's about resolving the underlying cause for the significant health anxiety you are experiencing. There is no level of reassurance which can stem a person's drive in this regard. The break in the pattern must be self-initiated and it must come through the ability to trust in the facts rather than one's own suppositions.

Fine motor tremor is highly characteristic of persons with somatic anxiety, as well as the paresthesias in your hands, feet and face. You state that your strength and reflexes are "still fine" as though aiming your concerns toward a specific malady and very frankly, there is absolutely nothing of your symptom patterns to suggest the presence of any type of neurodegenerative disease or disorder.

"Is there an explanation to give me why this is happening more and more, cause I would be lying if I said I didnt worry about it?
(I also have aching lower back , stiff feeling and sore arms and legs)"

I've already explained to you ad nauseum my opinions regarding the underlying cause for your somatic features and the answer lies within your own statement that you would be lying if you said you didn't worry about it.

Your fears are unbridled and your pursuit of an absolutely irrational premise is nothing short of obsessive at this point. You fail to give proper recognition to this fact and instead persist in tasking me to prove why your own suspicions aren't correct.

It's critical for you to understand that my purpose here is not to provide you with training in clinical medicine, nor even establish constant discourse with you regarding your own impressions of the underlying cause. You do not inquire for the purpose of understanding, but rather challenge.

I've gone to considerable length in attempting to point you in what I believe to be the proper direction. You need to be aware that your ability for insight in this regard is demonstrably limited and you seem to believe that if you persist to the extent necessary, it will somehow result in new insight on my part and I'm woefully constrained to point out here that such a revelation will never materialize.

You suffer from significant health anxiety and it is presenting you with unmistakably florid somatic features that are unexplained by any underlying organic pathology. You are tasking me to tell you why your symptoms persist or grow worse. In fact, an entire wagon trail of physicians have all voiced their professional opinions regarding the actual cause for your symptoms with no subsequent insight on your part.

If you feel compelled to direct your life's pursuit in such a manner then there is nothing anyone can do to redirect you otherwise, but at long last I am making the statement here that I am not obliged to find the cause that you yourself believe to be present in some form. Clinical medicine is a complex science and your constant need for explanation for why certain manifestations occur in the human body has grown entirely beyond the more limited and focused nature of this forum.

You are certainly welcome to continue participating with other members and guests, but to the matter of your posting and others all too similar to it, I have stated my opinions. I do not intend to change my position nor entertain engaging in any type of differential diagnostic platform with you as well.

I suggest that you seek professional counseling with an individual capable of overcoming your own predilection to try and outmaneuver or outlast those attempting to help you. I would have thought by now that the immutable outcome of such a striving would be obvious.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
bayroot

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: some old and new questions
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2013, 6:34am

I think RLR is being fair here.

I think Richie, you just need to go out and live. We all will die one day. Would you want to look back on your deathbed and say that you spent all your time worrying, or spent all your time living?

Like I said in another post, these are the scenarios:

1) You live life to the full and youre right, you die of heart disease. Doesnt matter because you had fun anyway.
2) You hole yourself up at home and worry all the time, and you die of heart disease. What a waste of time.

And then the opposite:

1) You live life to the full and youre wrong, you die of old age safe in a bed surrounded by the one you love. You had fun.
2) You hole yourself up at home and worry all the time, you die of old age safe in a bed surrounded by the one you love. What a waste of time.

I like you Richie, you seem like a nice guy, but noone can help you anymore. You need to help yourself. The only shame is, in about 20 years or so you are going to look back and regret that you didn't go out and life and have fun.

You need to adopt the mindset that its better to live on your feet for one day than for a hundred years on your knees.

Good luck.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print