Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question for RLR, please. (Read 2912 times)
toronto16
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Question for RLR, please.
Mar 27th, 2013, 7:11am

Hello,

I'm a 22 year old male.  I've been having palpitations (both fluttering and a skipped beat with a thump) that sometimes cause me to feel like I'm almost passing out.  I went to a cardiologist and got an EKG, echo, stress test and holter monitor.  He said my EKG showed a slight signal delay, but that it was nothing to worry about at all and that I was young and healthy.  He said all my other tests were negative too.  I read the report he sent to my regular doctor, who also told me I was totally fine, and it stated that my EKG "could indicate possible Brugada syndrome, but unlikely".  Obviously after reading about this I'm very concerned, yet he never even mentioned this to me.  Should I demand another appointment to follow up?  Obviously they wouldn't send me home if it was serious, right?

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Re: Question for RLR, please.
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2013, 11:31pm

Maybe it's worth talking to your GP and finding out what was involved with the "possible Brugada syndrome" part of the findings? Of course they wouldn't send you home if they thought you were in trouble.

Obviously if you're in need of more information from your doctors, you are well within your rights to ask them to explain themselves and what it means to have Brugada syndrome. Perhaps all that is needed is a quick phone call to the doctor?

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print