Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Please convince me that I didn't have a stroke. (Read 4027 times)
victoria
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Please convince me that I didn't have a stroke.
Apr 25th, 2013, 1:27pm

Hello everyone, hope all is well. My previous posts on here have been strictly palpitation related but ever since I've actually been able to accept the fact that my palpitations are caused by gas and the vagus nerve, my body decided to torment me with another terrifying kind of episode.

Two days ago, I woke up abruptly with a strange dull headache and serious brain fog, as if part of my brain was still sleeping although I was conscious. I couldn't read things out loud and I was confused by numbers when I would look at the clock. I knew who and where I was but my speech would come out jumbled and incorrect if I tried to say anything. Everything was slow and slurred, and it almost feels like theres a dream going on in my head still that I can't consciously perceive. This was the 3rd time in my life that this has happened. The first time I experienced this was after a day with the stomach virus, I was exhausted and finally got to sleep when suddenly I woke up and then realized things weren't making sense. The second time was a night that I didn't go to sleep until 7am, and the 3rd time was also a time that I hadn't been getting much sleep for a few days in a row.

5 minutes into dealing with these weird confusions, I start to feel a strange wave of numb tingling going on in my right hand (particularly the last two fingers) and the right side of my lips and part of my gums. It happens every time with this strange episode and it's what really disturbs me the most, because from what I hear that is a stroke symptom. It seems the tingling happens as I'm starting to wake up, as if I had been cutting off the blood supply to my brain or something. It's not related to hyperventilation because I have been calm during all of these occasions and just trying hard to get my words to come out right. The confusion gradually improves as I am awake but doesn't resolve entirely until after about 30 minutes.

I've experienced sleep paralysis before as well but since I could find a lot of information about that online it didn't disturb me as much as these confusion and numbness episodes. I'm only 22 and otherwise a healthy individual, so I'm trying to convince myself that I just have a very strange central nervous system and that these episodes aren't mini-strokes. Anyone who has experience with these strange things please share so we can discuss. And RLR if you see this, your expertise would be infinitely appreciated.

Thank you,
Victoria

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Please convince me that I didn't have a stroke.
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2013, 10:41pm

hello

I'm no doctor.
So always go to one if you doubt what going on. Always get checked.
The only thing I want to say is that you say its not hyperventilation .
But hyperventilation is not all about fast breathing.  and panick
It can be very subtle.
Also if you experience this more in the morning when you wake up. How do you know how your breathing was at night?

I dont think its a stroke. But I hope RLR can help you more

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print