Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
25 years missed beats and it has changed !!?? (Read 3246 times)
chrismascray
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

25 years missed beats and it has changed !!??
May 06th, 2013, 11:49am

Hi, my concerns are these, for 25 years I have had missed heart beats, sometimes fast sometimes slow and sometimes just totally erratic. Ok so I have seen more Doctors than I care to rememebr and seen them all many times more than once, all ( up until last week) put these episodes down to stress and anxiety. I saw a Cardiologist twice in the past 12 years. last time 2 1/2 years ago, all fine, ecjho, stress test ecg etc etc , in fact iwas told I had a strong heart and the missed beats etc , as before all anxiety. So the story continues, 2 months ago it was doing stuff, fast slow missed etc, so I saw another Doctor, she listened and took my Blood Pressure, her words " Perfect" for Blood Pressure and " totally normal" after listening to my heart. All well and good. BUT ! I had a bad attack of fast irregular beats a week ago and panicked BIG TIME, so much so that as I was literally 2 minutes from a Local A&E I went there, I went expecting a little chat and a pat on the head " its anxietuy fella, now bugger off" That didnt happen, I was hooked up to an ECG machine and a Doctor called, they wanted me to stay ( I couldnt for reasons not important here) as I left I was given an aspirin and a Beta Blocker, a prescription and the ECK tear off paper under the promise I saw my Local GP the next day. OK So I did see my Doc, now for the first time I hear this, " It looks like AF which I now know is Arterial fibrulation, take the beta blockers and aspirin, have another ECG next week and we will have a blood test, we might put you on warferin and get your cholesterol down ( its 5.9) and you may well be on Beta blockers all your life. My question is this ? what the hell happened ? is this new ( The doc said he would be conerned if this was new and not so concerned if its the 25 year thing -  which I think has been diagnosed as eptopics) So now I have a genuine thing to worry about. I am 55 and never ever had neds before, I am sure between them and my anxiety they are slowing me down, making my tum feel poorly and messing me up, should I worry about AF ? can I be fixed ? will it be all meds till the end and what of 25 years of 'anxiety" do I now have to suffer both ? since taking the 2.5 mg Beta Blocker my heart ahs slowed but is still uneven and not regular.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print