Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scary and weird heart palpitation?  What is this?? (Read 16205 times)
Colbize
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Scary and weird heart palpitation?  What is this??
Jun 22nd, 2013, 9:23am

So I've been experiencing this really scary and weird heart palpitation that usually only happens once in a great while but feels like its happening more often. It's really quite hard to explain but one just occurred again yesterday and I have searched around and haven't seen anyone describe anything like it. Basically ill be sitting there very relaxed and then I can feel a PVC/ skipped beat occur but right when that happens my heart starts to do this flipping flopping  thing, its beating all irregularly like its struggling and then I put my finger by my pulse and I can feel the beat skipping and irregular.  Then when my heart returns to normal my pulse is very light and then it eventually gets back to a normal pulse.  This always throws me into an panic and I have to calm myself down and try to relax. It only last for about 2-4 seconds and during it I don't have any symptoms no chest pain, shortness of breath, or lightheadedness.

The only thing I can think of that it is multiple pvcs happening consecutively?!

Im a 25 year old male decent shape, have slightly elevated cholesterol, decent bp and I have daily PVCs. I had a 24 holter monitor about a month ago which showed pvcs and one mobtiz 1 type 2 during sleep which the cardiologist said was normal and pretty much just brushed me off.  My resting heart rate is around 40-50 beats.

Has anyone ever experienced something like i described? It's very scary and I feel like my heart is just going to stop because it's beating so irregular!

***UPDATE. 10/23/13***

Had another episode today. First one since the last time I made this post  :'(

This palpitation is not a pvc (which I have!) or a rapid heartbeat (tachycardia) as my heart rate does not increase during the episode only after. The best way I can explain it is my heart goes very irregular and is out of rhythm (this time roughly 5 secs) before putting me into a panic and speeding up because I get very scared. It then returns to normal after I calm myself down. I hate this every time it happens I pray that it never happens again.  I just started on Celexa 10mg yesterday and took it again today. Maybe it contributed?

« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2013, 1:59pm by Colbize »  
  IP Logged
zilly84
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Alaska
Re: Scary and weird heart palpitation?  What is this??
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2013, 12:50pm

I have experienced somewhat similar events. It's always kinda hard to explain but yours don't sound far off. I've had all different sorts of palps. I did a month long heart monitor and they caught one PAC. Although I tried to record 4, I guess only one showed up. I would think you are having a couple in a row.  And that the flip floppy feeling is your heart trying to get it's proper rythem. While I used the heart monitor they had me write down the time, place and symptoms for each event. It actually helped me figure out a pattern with mine. Although, I usually only get one a day at most. It might help for you to write down what you feel, what you are doing, after they happen.

IP Logged
Colbize
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2013, 1:53pm

Hi zillay84 it's really comforting to hear someone else share a similar experience. Thank you for responding and for the advice. Thankfully it hasn't occurred again since. I've been trying alot of different things to try and control my palps.. Recently I've been drinking nothing but decaf, plenty of water, exercising and eating healthier... surprisingly my palps have significantly reduced.. In fact, today I don't believe I have even experienced one! Which is amazing! I hope this lasts.. I hope you are doing ok as well!  Smiley

IP Logged
AnthonyB
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2013, 9:26pm

I have been dealing with this heart flutter, skipped beats for over 3 weeks.  I have tried everything from Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamins, breathing slowly to everything you can think of.  I just chugged a huge carton of water and they are GONE!

I am not sure if this is a fluke, but I have had them non-stop today and after I drank a ton of water I have NONE!

Try it!

IP Logged
bayroot

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2013, 4:42pm

Hey mate, I just had this exact symptom and have had it for 4-5 years with perfect ecgs etc.

IP Logged
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2013, 3:55am

Without catching those on tape, I think its hard to take a guess unless you are a doctor.

I do get that for a few seconds or at least mine feels like that and was recorded as PSVT.

If you are really bothered about it and as Dr Rane is away right now, see if your cardio will arrange a longer recording to try and catch it.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print