Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Poll Poll
Question: Aloe Vera Gel caps or Aloe Gel caps

Aloe Vera Gel cap being helpful?  
  1 (100%)
Is it Aloe Vera Gel caps or Aloe Gel caps?  
  0 (0%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: Bludhalia on: Jan 19th, 2013, 1:18pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
The welcome thread (Read 173270 times)
david
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
The welcome thread
Jan 22nd, 2007, 7:32pm

Please,  everyone should drop by here and say hello When they first register.

It is ok if you wish to just read the forum and not post anything but we will delete accounts with 0 posts occassionally. Most 0 post accounts tend to belong to spammers trying to signup on the forum.

Just a simple hello here will help us to keep the forums clear of the riff-raff.  Wink

The Administrator.
  IP Logged
Dickyboy199

England
Re: The welcome thread
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2007, 3:07am

Hi David and Hi everone,

I'm Richard and I found this site by chance from the nomorepanic website.  I've been suffering from ectopics for over 20 years now.  I only just noticed this welcome thread even though I have already posted a few posts.

It looks like a great site and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Take care

Regards

Rich

IP Logged
helsbels
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Berkshire England
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2007, 12:17pm

Hello everyone - I've posted a few times and have found the site to be very helpful and also very beneficial to have RLR's medical expertise - I pop in every couple of days to see what's been happening.
Just a bit of background - experiencing pvcs/pacs for about 2 years - seemed to appear after a suspected svt attack which was also out of the blue.  Had all the usual tests and basically have some good days and lots of bad days because I still find them very scary.

Anyway just wanted to say Hi and thanks  Smiley

Helen

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2007, 5:26am

Hi all

I been using the site (well started as Resonance) now this one for over a year.

I have palpitations and missed beats, I also have a Anxiety Disorder and IBS, I don't take medication as I believe I can do this myself drugs are only delaying things.

So I am now a Parent Govenor at my childrens school, I attend playgroups, I'm throwing myself into things as I do not want to sit worrying about my health 24/7.

I attended the first proper session on my anxiety management course today, 3 new people was good to meet them, didn't really get a chance to chat properly as it was more a information gathering session.  So still waiting for CBT and counselling.

I've changed my diet and am trying to me a little more active, 1 step at a time.

I am 27 - 28 in May I am married and I have 3 children all born by Ceserian section first 2 emergency last one planned, my eldest is 7 then 5 then 2 1/2.  

Welcome to anyone new, don't be affraid to post we are all here to support and help each other, RLR is fantastic and always here for a bit of medical background to put your mind at ease or simply advice.

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
angiebaby
Gold Forum Member

england
Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2007, 11:18am

Hello everyone, only just found this thread, had already posted on another, sorry for that. LOL.
I have suffered from ectopics since a great shock 11 years ago.  Now i think that i have PTSD after an opertion two years ago and things have just got worse.  My ectopics have definatly got worse these past year and i get them everyday for no reason at all.  They stop me leading my 'normal' life and still frighten me lots.  For instance i had just had my tea tonight and was chatting to my hubby then WHAM i had 4 really hard ectopics for no reason and the second one i had was a double one, i get these a lot.  Like my heart is doing the cha cha and flip flopping, more than just once.  All ECG's have been fine and am now waiting for results from 48 hour tape, holter monitor, i had a week ago.  While that was on i only had a couple, typical.  It doesn't matter where i am or what i do i still get them, even when i am really relaxed.  It is stopping me doing things that i used to like doing and i can not drink alcohol anymore as they obviously makes it worse.  Any helpful words of wisdom and empathy greatfully received, thanks.

Angiebaby.x
It take a minute to get anxiety and a lifetime to get rid of it!!
  IP Logged
Beanie

I Love YaBB 2!

Ohio
Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2007, 8:18am

Hi. I have post several times on the other site as well.  Have had pvc's since Sept. '06. About 1500 a day when they kicked in, now around 20  day. I think mine were brought on by stress. My husband had a heart attack and a 4 way bypass (age 51/ 600 miles away from home on business) in Feb. '06.  I think I am uneasy about his health, though he is doing very well,  and have become a bit more anxious about my own.  Still have children at home too.   Love this site!!

IP Logged
cazza

I Love YaBB 2!

england
Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2007, 3:28am

Hi my name is carol  and i am 42  i have been having missed heartbeats for 8 months now every day!
I find this site so helpful and RLR is just brilliant Smiley
I have been told my palps are not sinister so hopefully we can all help each other on how to deal with them

IP Logged
billycat

England
Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2007, 1:19pm

Hello,
I posted without introducing myself first - so apologies for that! I am 33, female and have had ectopics on and off since my teens. They first became really bad when I was about 21, and since then I have had small and large episodes every year. I have general anxiety disorder which I started with after an illness at 12 years of age. I am 100% certain that the two are linked.

I hope I'm coming to the end of a really nasty 'episode' of ectopics that started last November. I have them every couple of beats, all day and all night long! I have been anxious with this episode as I have had a new feeling for me-  one where it feels like my breath is being pushed out of my lungs when the ectopic happens, almost like a short strangling feeling that cuts my throat off... does anyone else get this??? Or is it just me being wierd?? Embarrassed

Anyway, I had yet ANOTHER ecg last week and will be seeing a cardiologist again next week! In my heart of hearts (excuse the pun!!) I don't think anything is seriously wrong - but it is soooooo hard to remain nonchalont about something so disruptive and horrible.

Great site and I welcome any hints, advice and most of all REASSURANCE!

Billycat xx

billycat
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2007, 3:33pm

The sensation of being choked is a phenomenon known as "Globus" and is caused by the same reactivity the results in benign palpitations. The Vagus nerve is largely responsible for the phenomenon and hyperventilation is often encountered as a consequence of fear and shallow breathing, which expulses too much CO2. The brain is extremely sensitive to blood-gas changes and its not difficult at all for some people with anxiety to quickly threshold to a panic attack.

Regardless, the symptom is physically harmless and although quite alarming will never cause an event.

Panic thresholds can be quickly reduced by re-breathing into a bag, often hearalded in movies and the like, but actually can reduce symptoms by helping restore equilibrium. It only requires a minute or so and longer exposure will not help. A cool drink or cool rag on the forehead and eyes can quickly help to reduce symptoms by inducing the "dive reflex" which will reduce heart rate and bring a calming effect.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
TOOTS

I Love YaBB 2!

UK
Reply #9 - Jan 30th, 2007, 2:19pm

Just wanted to say that I used the other site a great deal for re assurance. I am fifty five and have suffered palpitations for as long as I can remember. But here I am still here always feel I am pretty fit but the palpitations really do get me down i put it down to anxiety, IBS, fear of something being seriously wrong with me health wise, always questioning every palpitation - I wish I was more of an optimist and not a pesimist. I often catch myself when I feel pretty good thinking well here I am no palpitations, normal why can't I be like this all the time !!!

IP Logged
TOOTS

I Love YaBB 2!

UK
Reply #10 - Jan 30th, 2007, 2:22pm

Sorry forgot to mention that RLR is a real lifeline and great thanks to the advice, reasurrance and calming information that is given, thank you so much.

IP Logged
freya
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Jan 30th, 2007, 5:05pm

Hi everyone
i also came on to the website via nomorepanic.co.uk i have been watching this website for about 6 months on resonance.com
my names freya, and i live in england and i am 21
i have quite a colourful past medical wise i was dx with Graves disease (autoimmune disorder - overactive thyroid) Aug 2004, i was 18 yrs old. I was and still am taking anti thyroid drugs in november 2005

the start--------------

i was stood at my saturday job in a shop and i felt my heart go out of synch, i got so dizzy i saw nothing but yellow and black and thought i was going to faint. As i was immediately fine i didnt tell anyone or my gp and just carried on. I have had similar 'flutters'  without dizzyness since every now and again randomly until june ish 2006. I had a panic attack because i changed anti thyroid med and this was when i first experienced the skipped beat instead of a flutter.
since then they have been the bain of my existance, in summer 06 they were getting extreamly frequent 100's daily probably due to increasing anxiety and it took a lot of courage to go to my g.p in aug who thought it was my thyoid back with avengence as my ecg read 140 bpm - just due to anxiety, i was sent to my endocrinologist who said as my thyroid was in normal levels he would ask for a 24hr monitor, i have private medical care so i got it that week (very grateful for that) it was supposed to be my first day as a freshman at university, it didnt go as planned. I was just sat there and suddenly i felt queesy, then very very faint/dizzy/weak i probably panicked also my mum phoned my gp who said to phone an ambulance, which after looking at 24hr tape which i was still wearing, blood, xray, ecg was supraventricular tachycardia (only happened once, i am sure due to extreme anxiety, due to uni, 24 tape and worries of dropping dead). I have had a clear echo since and spent a night in AAU with clear ecg. It took a lot of courage and against uni advisers i decided to start university this year (2006) and i have just moved out to student accomodation from the comfort of my family home...rlr's words have helped me so much, since june 06 i have became agoraphobic due to ectopics and have suffered and still do from panic attacks and huge anxiety yet before i was the life and soul of party i had even been backpacking 3 months previously and snowboarding 6 months before that, i hate the fact i am a shadow of my former self, but i know i will be back there some day...its just sometimes hard when you get these pvcs etc daily, but i would rather live with them than be stuck on a sofa scared to move incase i dropped dead (which is still a fear, which i try and ignore, which i think is half the battle)rlrs words have come to realise that lifes too short to let pvcs/pacs dictate my life and i vow no longer that they will keep me on that sofa, life is for living even if i do need a bit of reassurance sometimes and daily log ins to this siteSmiley i have seen my cardiologist who gave me sotalol (i have come these since of my own accord) and he says once i am off anti thyroid meds they should stop completely, i havent told any doctor about anxiety etc, and i know that the ectopics are due to anxiety 99% of the time, as they (usually) completely vanish at night time when i am relaxed. Funny huh? as worried as i still am i have had a clear echo and ecg etc so i just keep telling myself that nothing will happen and i am sure that hopefully is right. I still get ectopics daily but only 1-5 rather than 100's, so things are going well also anxiety wise and all
So thats me and i am looking forward to getting to know all of you
Rlr, as mentioned previously your posts are fantastic. I think that its wonderful for you to devote your time to us all, i am so very grateful as you have helped give me my life back

kindest thoughts to all
freya

IP Logged
Kathryn
Gold Forum Member

I Love YaBB 2!

England - Great Britain
Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2007, 12:19am

Just to say Hi to Freya and Toots, thanks for sharing your issues with us.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Kath x

Kath x
  IP Logged
toto

Scotland
Reply #13 - Feb 4th, 2007, 4:23am

Hi,
I was recommended to this site from Nomorepanic too and I'm so pleased to have found it.
I have been getting ectopics for about 6 years now and have taken atenolol 50mg intermittently to calm things down. Recently, this past Xmas I became extremely stressed at work and had a terrible time over the holidays with thousands of ectopics every day when they came every other beat. VERY distressing!! My GP put me on citalopram which I've now been on for about 5 weeks and they have definitely helped give me a bit of breathing space to address the anxiety. At my follow up visit with my doctor we discussed my anxiety levels and my health in general and we have come to the conclusion that as I am going through the menopause I have heightened anxiety levels which aren't helping the ectopics.
I've been ectopic free for about 3 weeks now.
I've never been like this in my life. I've always coped very well with whatever life has thrown a me but the ectopics are awful. They defeat me every time!
I'm SOOOO glad to have found this wonderful website and forum.
Hello to everyone x

IP Logged
kirk
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - Feb 4th, 2007, 7:22am

david wrote on Jan 22nd, 2007, 7:32pm:
Please,  everyone should drop by here and say hello When they first register.

It is ok if you wish to just read the forum and not post anything but we will delete accounts with 0 posts occassionally. Most 0 post accounts tend to belong to spammers trying to signup on the forum.

Just a simple hello here will help us to keep the forums clear of the riff-raff.  Wink

SadHello.  I am trying to get into a chat room about heart palpitations/anxiety and have been unsuccessful so far.  Any suggestions?
Kirk

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print