HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What an awful night (Read 6840 times)
Rachey

I Love YaBB 2!

What an awful night
Oct 13th, 2008, 5:19am

Yesterday morning I had a terrible stomach with lots of gas....I started with the old palps about every 15th beat....then they eased through the day...... but at night they went as I was sat doing a jigsaw ( sad I know LOL) any way...the second I got into bed the gas and indegestion came back....prob due to my position and then oh my god they came....every 3rd - 7th beat was a flutter...sometimes it was felt in my pulse sometimes just made it feel a weaker pulse...... but the flutter seemed to derive from the top of my stomach...its as if I can feel a sensitive vagus nerve...can this be....does the frequency of these palps not tire the heart? please answer as I am deading tonight  Sad

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: What an awful night
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2008, 2:58pm

No need to worry. The palpitations cannot cause any damage to the heart, nor place undue stress or fatigue upon it as well.

Here's a suggestion for you to try. Do not eat any sooner than 3 hours before lying down for bed and do not eat a big, heavy meal. About 20 minutes or so after your meal, you can take 2 tablespoons of Maalox extra strength or Mylanta II with a little bit of water. Try to stay active in the early evening and maybe go for a little walk down the street and back. It's not necessary to walk briskly, just take your time.

The indigestion is what is causing the vagus nerve to be stimulated, resulting in palpitations. Laying on your left side tends to increase the tendency because the heart lies left of the sternum and more pressure is exerted by the force of gravity against the organs. If you sense indigestion, get up out of bed and walk around a bit until you can relieve the indigestion.

You'll be fine. Again, the palpitations are incapable of damaging your heart or causing any type of fatigue.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Rachey

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2008, 3:26pm

and once again...thank you xxx   sounds good advice ... i have just come to bed and i have been nervous to do so....well the min i have laid down here they come...its cos im expecting them i think xxx Embarrassed   they are so annoying... like a washer machine in the chest x Undecided

IP Logged
Glen

I Love YaBB 2!

mid-west
Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2008, 9:24pm

Mine tend to be bad when I lay down and you are right it feels like a washing machine in the chest Grin
Glen

IP Logged
Rachey

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2008, 12:56am

does any one sometimes get like a head rush when u have these wretched things!!!!!  wonder if its just the exta hard beat... can feel uncomfortable at times x Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Natalia

I Love YaBB 2!

UK
Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2008, 4:43am

Rachey wrote on Oct 15th, 2008, 12:56am:
does any one sometimes get like a head rush when u have these wretched things!!!!!  wonder if its just the exta hard beat... can feel uncomfortable at times x Roll Eyes

Not sure if its the same thing but i do sometimes get a weird "wave" that feels like blood rushing over my head. Not a very nice feeling, not quite the same when you just get scared. I sometimes those waves even if the PVC is not particularly strong  and I'm not that scared of it.

Do you ever get a "lump in the throat" feeling prior to them appearing?
I'm taling some antibiotics at the moment and they are the ones taken on an empty stomach. i took one before going out today and although I dran k plenty of water with it, it just felt like the capsule got stuck in the throat, weirdly enough this sensation only appeared a few minutes later. and it felt like the throat was spasming and sending the PVCs off.  Angry

I'm not tense, I'm just very very alert
Natalia   IP Logged
Happy
Forum Newbies

Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2008, 8:04am

Yes, yes, yes!  I get the head rush.  I am so happy someone else feels this weird sensation!  At night when I am just dozing off or trying to return to sleep in the middle of the night, I feel recurrent "waves" in my head, or a sinking feeling.  I started taking my pulse and noticed the extra or skipped beats occurring at the same time as the strange head sensation.  I mentioned this to my doctor and she had no explanation--said it did not sound like seizures (!)-- but suggested a visit to an ENT and an MRI to check out this and my dizziness.  Nothing was found.  An increase in my beta blocker did not help.  Geez, we have such a variety of symptoms!   Shocked

Happy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print