Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some questions RLR.. (Read 3840 times)
Steff1573

I Love YaBB 2!

Montana
Some questions RLR..
Oct 18th, 2008, 9:01pm

I am still getting pretty constant pvc's...  Every 3rd beat I have a skip, then beat, beat, beat, skip, and on and on it goes like this all day, everyday!  

How can the heart just skip every 3rd beat?  It's like my heart is in tune with it skipping every 3rd beat that it just does.  When it's not every 3rd beat, it's every 4 beats or every 5 beats.   I just wonder why does my heart stay in these patterns?  If I cough or move it doesn't change. It just keeps skipping in those patterns regardless...

Also, I have read (I know reading others stories are not good, but it is another support group I attend once in awhile) and I have read on many occasions where people who get 30+ thousand PVC's daily will have a decrease in "ejection fraction."

Well, I know that I am getting more than that daily and I sometimes get concerned that my heart function will decrease as a result of very frequent pvc's.

Am I really not in any danger with this amount of pvc's?  I am almost fed up with going to the Cardio anymore about these (hence why I declined that holter a couple months back).

I am getting use to them, but sad to say they still bother me a lot!  

Thank you...  Very much for your input once again....

Just want to be okay for my 3 children and husband and for my own sanity in dealing with this condition.

Steff

IP Logged
Rachey

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Some questions RLR..
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2008, 3:55am

it horid isnt it.....  i had it like this yrs ago and had such a long break and now they are back.... i get them like you on and off...alot of mine is stomach related.....  in the night i am kept awke with them until i really burp or something.....  has you cardio docotor said they cant harm you?.......... the thing about them is they are so uncomfortable..... it must be one of the worst symptoms of anxiety ever Shocked Shocked x x x  thinki off u hun xx Kiss

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2008, 5:54pm

Okay, you need to be careful what you read from the standpoint of fully understanding the content rather than merely gleening portions of the literature that appear relevant to you. Medical literature simply cannot be surveyed in such a fashion with expectations of comprehension.

Decreased ejection fraction with palpitations is associated with cardiomyopathy. You don't have cardiomyopathy.

The type of palpitations you are experiencing, regardless of the variation in presentation, will never harm the heart muscle or decrease its performance.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Steff1573

I Love YaBB 2!

Montana
Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2008, 6:18pm

So decreased heart function w/ palpitations is a possibility?

I am getting lots of pvc's, continously.  So do you think I could have a risk if I keep getting them in this amount?

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2008, 7:46pm

Absolutely not. You have to stop this sort of vigilence. I said that the symptoms you described were associated with cardiomyopathy and that you do not have cardiomyopathy. You need to read my posting more carefully and more importantly, cease trying to force the facts to suit your fears. It will never happen.  

Under no circumstances can the type of palpitations you are experencing cause diminished heart function. You are basing your assumptions purely on your fears.

You continue to paint yourself into a corner and then seek reassurance. These palpitations are not damaging your heart and you have taken information from some medical literature way out of context.

My suggestion at this point is that you would do well to seek professional counseling or therapy to help you from straying outside the boundaries of practicality. You are trying your best to affirm fears that have absolutely no basis in fact, but rather exist purely based upon misinterpretation and speculation.

Again, when you are able to accept the fact that the palpitations are being induced and exacerbated by your very fears, then you will begin to make some progress. As long as you remain convinced that something terrible is going to happen to you as a consequence of the palpitations, you will continue to experience them in various form. I don't know how else I can explain it so that you will understand.

Best regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print