Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chinese  finger traps (Read 2718 times)
kchendrix

I Love YaBB 2!

Maryland
Chinese  finger traps
Nov 06th, 2008, 9:13am

Have you ever seen  Chinese finger traps ?    Look them at them on the web.   You insert your index fingers in them on each end.. and the more you struggle the longer you stay trapped... As soon as you relax and quit struggling, you can remove your fingers with ease.    

I have to tell you ,  maybe less struggling and worry might not stop your palps completely but it will make them less.   I have to say if you have been completely checked over by your doctor, and he says you have no heart disease,  and you still doubt him ,, find yourself a doctor you feel you can absolutely trust , and then do just that.

This summer I was a mess, a wreck,  I have to tell you though once I decided I was going to take the word of a doctor who had much more experience and knowledge then I do..  things got better and better,  Stress and anxiety create a lot of the problem,  but when we constantly monitor the situation  we aren't living.    I found that when I finally decided to let go ,  and stopped looking for the palps they calmed down...  It took a while but I only have them once in awhile now.    Yep they can scare you... But I have to believe that  if  there was really  something dangerous, the doc would never let you leave the office. ....  so guys   do yourself a favor   try to get to the logic of the situation....     If you were a doctor  and you thought your patient had any potential what so ever  for  problems,, wouldn't you stop  them from leaving your office until you had prescribed treatment.  

Work with a therapist,  work on your trust issue... Work on why we are so fearful of kicking over.

Learn to live with the risks of living and enjoy every minute you can.  Stop self monitoring at once...  Move on through this life and be thankful....     If you really think something is seriously wrong  with you   then have your doctor run the tests that you feel will reveal what it is....  Belief  is your relief.... Believe what your Doc says and if you don't find one you will believe .

It is really that simple but,  it isn't easy to do ,  let go that is  , it takes a little bit of help from a good therapist who can help you stop the cycle of WHAT IF thinking.

Good Luck and Peace and Love to you all

Kevin

If livin' don't come easy , don't stop your own voice, cause the worst part of living is having no choice. (America)
WWW   IP Logged
Steff1573

I Love YaBB 2!

Montana
Re: Chinese  finger traps
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2008, 4:46pm

Wow, thanks Kevin...  Here I sit with PVC's still every 2-3-4 heart beats all day long.  And on top of that when I am lying down and I get PVC's I get dizzy spells, and I get them anywhere from 3-12 times when I lay down.  It's hard to let go when they are this frequent.  

How frequent were your PVC's?   I remember when you went through the rough patch though and WOW is all I can say on how well you are doing.  I will say you are an inspiration to me and others in where you WERE at one time to where you ARE now.  

I hope to be where you are someday.  it's just so hard some days when the pvc's are always frequent, or I get 2-3 in a row (it feels like my heart will never kick back in with an extra long pause!!!!)

Thank you for this post...  It really helps put things in perspective on the trust/anxiety issues, that I know I DO have....

Take care...

Steff

IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Re: Chinese  finger traps
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2008, 1:51am

Hi Steff
I have read some of your other postings and want to reassure you that I have tens upon thousands of ectopics every day when they are at their worst. I am going through it at the moment, so I know how you feel. They average 6-10 per minute all day long, if I were to check, but I don't really need to as they are so prominent and forceful. So I understand how you feel.
I have had brilliant and wonderful spells where they recede a bit, and when I have perhaps the odd ectopic perhaps one a minute and it is fantastic, but when they are very frequent it seems to upset your system and they are quite remarkable and impossible not to notice.

There is, for me, no discernable reason why sometimes they go away a bit and then come back with a vengeance. I think it is understandable to worry when you have a lot because there are some 'lucky' folks on the forum (and to them, I say, definitely don't worry!! Wink )who only have a few per day and you think,  'well I have a lot more than that, so perhaps I am different'. We just need to accept that this is our bad deal in life - some get migraines, some get IBS, some get much worse. At least we are alive and kicking!

What kchendrix says is all so true. I've had the therapy blah blah, but the ectopics remain and the only thing I can tell you is that worrying will not make them go away. Worrying will make them worse though. So try a bit of self-talk each time you catch yourself fretting. I try every day - you have to do it over a long time - retrain your brain's way of thinking. I have a feeling some people can retrain their brain out of negative thinking much more quickly than others, but everyone can. I am a much much happier person now with ectopics, even though I'd rather not have the ectopics...

bead

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print