RLR URGENT! (Read 5650 times)
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
RLR URGENT!
May 15th, 2010, 10:11pm

Hi RLR

I'm sorry to post here again so soon and I apologise that this is completely off topic to the heart but you are the only person who might know what's going on!

Okay, it's 5:50 as I write this and I only went to bed at about 4 AM. I've just gotten up because my right arm was numb and I had a mini panic attack when I also realised that the right side of my vision is going funny! The numbness in my arm is gone and I think it is a coincidence, but my right side of my vision is darker than normal and there is a funny zig-zag slither of light (almost like a crystal) across the right side of my vision!

RLR, it is now 5:56 AM now and I don't know what's going on but the zig-zag slither and darkness on the right side of my vision has faded away now.

Okay, it's 6:10 AM now and this thing seems to have gone away. RLR, what is this problem, is it my nervous system malfunctioning? Could it be due to the fact that I began some anti-biotics last night (amoxicillin)? I couldn't bare to go blind! I absolutely must get an opointment to see my doctor next week.

This has happened to me once before, over a year ago no my LEFT side, but worse. It went after 2 hours.

EDIT: it's 6:20 now and I have a splitting headache.

Thank you again RLR and sorry this is off topic!

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
LowrieT
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: RLR URGENT!
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2010, 1:02pm

I am not RLR  but that sounds like a Migraine.  periodically I have the zig zag lines in my vision but thankfully do not get the headache.  Do not know what the numbness would be though.  Perhaps you should see your Doctor.

IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2010, 1:51pm

Hi,

I must apologise for this post. I was a little hasty in posting it here and I think I blew things out of proportion.

The numbness was just where I had been lying on my arm for a good half an hour or so as it disappeared in a few minutes. I was unaware that a migraine could cause visual disturbances of this kind.

I guess I panicked because I had the seemingly unrelated numbness and decided that I had some horrible neurological disaster! Word to the wise: don't panic!

Thanks Smiley

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #3 - May 16th, 2010, 6:03pm

Okay, you need to remain calm. Also know that I am not able to be on the forum in a continuous manner, so please don't expect an answer when in crisis. At 87 years old, I have limited time to check on the forum and respond. If you experience imminent health concerns, you must always first seek a response from real-time medical personnel within your local or regional community.

To address your question. the phenomenon described would be classical migraine syndrome and the visual manifestations are known as fortification spectrum. The onset of the spectrum typically demonstrates a small area in the visual field that might be blurry or altered from the rest of the visual field and soon a small "C" shaped fractured glass of various colors begins to form, gradually extending farther into the visual field before disappearing from view about 20 minutes or so later. In classical migraine, a headache typically follows. In cases where the fortification spectrum appears in the absence of headache, it is known as optic migraine.

Numbness in the limbs can in some instances be due to migraine syndrome, known as hemiplegic migraine. I doubt this was the case where you're concerned, however, and more likely due to mild nerve compression by body position during sleep.

You need to try and relax more. You're far too young to be so nervous and apprehensive.

Best Regards and Good Health

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
emma09

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - May 16th, 2010, 11:50pm

i had something like this george when i was pregnant i couldnt see out my left eye & i had a zigzag vision in my other eye lasted a minute or so and disappeared! my mum at the time said it was a migrane coming on and sure enough i ended up witha headache all day!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print