Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RLR - follow up question after seeing cardio (Read 2541 times)
mbajd
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

RLR - follow up question after seeing cardio
Jan 20th, 2012, 9:32am

Hi, RLR and all - I emailed a while back about my continuing palpitations which I was told by my GP were anxiety-related but she sent me to a cardio anyway just to make sure.  Well, I am glad to report they're much improved - in fact, since I've given up caffeine, alcohol and sweeteners and have reduced my eating of processed foods, I haven't had a bad episode, thank God.  I did go to the cardio and he told me they were probably anxiety, but he did an echo on me anyway.

I got the results of the echo by phone and was told it was normal but showed mild mitral valve regurgitation.  I was told I don't have MVP.  This puzzles me as I don't know why I'd have regurge with no prolapse.  I had an echo back in 2004 that showed trace regurge and no prolapse.  Does the fact that it's mild now (as opposed to trace) mean I'm getting worse?  Could this regurge cause my palp episodes at all?

Secondly, I spoke with a very trusted older colleague (not in the medical field) about my recent doctor visits and he said that if he were me, he'd get a second opinion as he has dealt with lawsuits wherein young women like myself were told their heart issues (tachy, palps, chest pain, etc.) were just anxiety and then they died from SCD.  I know he wasn't trying to scare me, but he just wanted to advise me well.  This kind of scared me, however and now I wonder if a second opinion is in order.  I imagine these people had cardiomyopathy or some other problem that could've been detected on the echo, but I'm not sure.

Thanks so much.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print