Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RLR (Read 8783 times)
Steff1573

I Love YaBB 2!

Montana
RLR
Jan 21st, 2012, 8:06am

Hi..  I am not trying to me manipulative in any way.  That is not the kind of person I am.

I continue to go through all this....

First, my Brain MRI showed no changes from the last MRI's.  I am definitely hesitant on the MS Dx as well, even though all my MRI's say "Suggested or I do have MS"...

The Patterns I ha e notices is :  

-- All my attacks start out with severe (foul smelling diahhrea) multple times a day..  This has caused me in the past and currently causes me to lose weight as it seems when I eat the food isn't being absorbed.

-- I notice then that my heart rate is extremely elevated.  I wake up at 2:45 am every mornning, sweating.  And my heart is elevated in the 150's just standing...  My Blood pressure is high as well and normally it is 100/60.  My pulse is normally around 85. I had this happen with my other 2 attacks.

--  I know I am not a Dr but it seems that whatever this is is affecting my Autonomic Nervous System.  My body is doing things in reverse.  For instance, I feel hot in the cold and cold in the hot.  My body burns, my muscles twitch and its like my adrenaline is constantly high even at rest.

I take anti-axniety medicine and even take 2 mg of Xanax at bedtime and still wake up at 2:45 am.

I am not trying to exhaust you or be manipulative.  I am looking for help and I have seen Dr's who can't figure this out....  Other than tell me I have MS, but they do not treat me for it.

Whatever this is,  I have had before.  it effects my entire body.  

2 years ago my Neurologist mentioned Whipples Disease.  It's RARE.  Could this be a possibilty?  I am not looking for a Dx as I know you can't do that, but am looking for any suggestions so I can get help.

From a psychiatric standpoint I am thinking positive, trying to stay busy, continue with my housework, take care of my children, etc.... I take the Xanax every 4 hrs and it doesn't help with these symptoms..  

Is there a test that can be done for Whipples?

Would a Cortisol test be of any benefit to see if I have too much adrenaline circulating?  It's like my body is in constant Fight/Flight mode.

When my pain sensations come back I get severe pain in my head like a bad migraine every day since the diahhrea started, pain in my joints, etc..  

I appreciate all your help and going above and beyond what this forum exists.

My Echo/stress was good, so does that mean that no matter how fast my heart beats and when my blood pressure increases with it, that I am not at risk?

Why would all this effect my CNS?  

I know I have exhausted you with this.  But RLR I do not know what I can do anymore?  I have seen counselors, CBT, Psychiatrists and I really do feel at lost....  I guess I keep coming here because you were a Neurologist for many, many years and I know you know your stuff and also know a lot about the heart.....

I want to be healthy so bad and don't want my kids to continue seeing me go through this.  I know I keep asking the same questions...  I am sorry for that...  What CAN I do?? I do not want to continue to go through this and I really am scared to die.  All this has my own Drs baffled and this is what scares me.

Stephanie

IP Logged
Chris

I Love YaBB 2!

West Sussex, UK
Re: RLR
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2012, 8:30am

Steph, you really need to read up on health anxiety.

You don't have a disease.

Diarrhea is a classic symptom of anxiety (coupled with indigestion, acid reflux, nausea).

Elevated heart rate again is a symptom of anxiety.

Hot flushes, muscle twitches, again symptoms of anxiety.

You say your adrenaline is constantly high but how do you know this? This is an assumption which you have made because you feel restless - another classic anxiety symptom.

You have seen multiple doctors who have done multiple tests and they have all reassured you. One of these countless tests would have picked something up.

I can tell from your posts that you're getting yourself so worked up, is it any wonder you feel awful? Your body must be exhausted from the amount of panic and worry and constant rumination which you're doing every day.

Headache/migraine - again, classic stress and anxiety.

You say you have anxiety, I agree. You need to stop looking for something which isn't there.

RLR has stated he can't help you anymore because there is nothing more to say. You need to help yourself, and understand that you're getting yourself incredibly worked up, so think about it honestly - is it any wonder your body is exhausted?

Think about it.

IP Logged
Steff1573

I Love YaBB 2!

Montana
Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2012, 8:59am

Hi Chris,

I know about health anxiety.  I use to be the biggest hypochondriac.  But this is not health anxiety at all...

I have been through these attacks before and I have seen Psychiatrists, counselors, etc and tried various meds, which have absolultely no effect on my brain...

I know RLR has tried to reassure me, but honestly if you knew what I was going through I don't think you would think it was health anxiety at all.  it's awful...

I have had anxiety, depression before.  This obviously makes me very depressed...  

I know there is something going on in my body...  I keep losing weight even though I am eating...  I can't feel sensations of pain most of the time, and I already posted most of my symptoms....

I do not want to go through this for another 4 months.  these attacks last for months and I want soo very badly to feel better...

I had 3 Neurologists now tell me its MS, but they will not treat me because my MRI's remain stable....  

IP Logged
themoabird

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2012, 12:30pm

Chris is right.

Anxiety, conversion disorder, or whatever, explains everything.

Why are you looking for a much, much, much more unlikely explanation for what you're experiencing, when the obvious explanation fits?

What you're doing is the reverse of Occam's razor.

RLR has already said he thinks your symptoms are functional. He's not going to come to a different view just because you keep insisting they're not.

Nobody is going to say to you that you've got X disease or syndrome, and if you take x drug, you're going to get better. If that were going to happen, it would have happened a long time ago, and not as a result of a diagnosis via the internet.

You need to pursue the psychiatric options.

IP Logged
Steff1573

I Love YaBB 2!

Montana
Reply #4 - Jan 23rd, 2012, 4:30pm

I do understand that I have Anxiety and I know RLR is right about that.  I do not question that at all.  I have always been a very anxious person.

But when I go through these attacks, they literally effect everything in my body.  I won't go over all the symptoms again and again.

Most bothersome is that my heart rate is elevated most of the day (but moreso when I wake up at 2:45 am and will continue on until around noonish) and rates at 160 bpm with blood pressure elevation.  When this happens I feel flush, my reflexes feel gittery and the only thing that helps is to lay down....  

Right now, I feel emotionally NUMB.  I am scared even if I don't feel it outright.

I take 2 mg of Xanax plus 30 mg of Temazapam to sleep and still wake up at 2:45 am.  I am tired of all this and am trying to get on with my life.

I want to feel better and not go through this again for MONTHS.  I have seen psychiatrists, tried anti-depressants, etc and nothing helps.  So to go through all this and be told, its conversion disorder is upsetting to me.  I know my body and I know it well.

I get conflicting info from my Dr's.  Most say MS, but since my MRI has been stable they will not treat me.  I am not scared to have MS.  At this point I don't care what I have, I just want to feel better....  I want to feel my sensations again and my emotions...  I feel at lost.....

I want to live my life and get on with it.  Again, I have 3  children whom I love and I don't want them to see me go through this.  This is not something  I can control or believe me I WOULD.

I know whatever this is, it effects my entire body.  Like my body does thinsg in reverse.  Hot cold off..  sneezing reflexes are not there when I feel the urge to sneese, continued Diahhrea, loss of weight (down to 115 lbs and I am eating), loss of hunger, etc etc.  Again I am explaining my symptoms.  It's like my body is in constant flight mode.

And when I tried various meds that should have an effect I feel no sensations of taking the meds.  I know this all sounds crazy.  It sounds crazy to me, but I am telling it how it is and I am looking for help.

My Dr's are baffled, which makes me think this is something rare.

When not going through these attacks, I live a normal life, am active with my children, working, camping, fishing, love music and life in general....

So that's all I can say.....  I appreciate the feedback...

IP Logged
themoabird

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Jan 23rd, 2012, 5:20pm

Steff

So you accept you're anxious. You also know that anxiety can produce physiological symptoms. You have physiological symptoms, all of which can be explained by anxiety.

So why are you looking for a further explanation?

What you're doing is the equivalent of somebody knowing they've been hit over the head with a hammer, but then insisting that the headache they're experiencing is because of a brain tumour.

It doesn't make any sense!

Maybe you don't really believe that anxiety can produce symptoms that affect the whole body in the way you describe...

Well, having experienced anxiety myself, let me tell you from personal experience that the effects can be profound.

It can affect the whole body. I get the wild heating up you're talking about. Plus relentless muscle twitching.

I was once dumped by a woman I'd had a relationship with for a long time. This was distressing. The distress came out in physical symptoms. For about six weeks afterwards, every time I sat still, my body would heat up, and I'd get incredible sort of itching. My arm also took to shooting up in the air, randomly, of its own accord.. It was very bizarre.

Of course, I could have imagined that it was all caused by some sort of neurological disorder (and I probably did worry about MS). But I've learned over the last 30 years that my body just does react in this sort of way to anxiety. It's just the way it is for me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print