Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
RLR - Regarding my Physician and Dr's thoughts. (Read 21923 times)
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: RLR - Regarding my Physician and Dr's thoughts.
Reply #15 - Feb 12th, 2012, 11:38pm

I dont know what it is. So I cant say like others - its severe anxiety- .
I know anxiety can do0 a lot of strange things, but not everything is ONLY anxiety. You can get anxious of bodily symptoms that are so severe , and doctors dont know whats going on, that you become anxious. But what was there sooner?

I hope you get your answers . Cause thats the only thing what can get you started coping with this

IP Logged
Steff1573

I Love YaBB 2!

Montana
Reply #16 - Feb 13th, 2012, 5:39am

I am anxious about whatever is going on.  I know there is something wrong and this isn't health anxiety.

It is only getting worse.

I took 30 mg of the Temazapam along with the 2 mg of xanax and woke up at 11:45 pm after going to bed at 10:45.  Then I just tosses and turned all night.  This medicine should make me sleep!

I am at lost and I am scared.  RLR, do you think this could be anything bad?   I keep asking, but I know something isn't right...

Still losing weight.  Alll my bloodwork has been normal...

IP Logged
mbajd
Forum Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - Feb 13th, 2012, 7:04am

Steff - how did your pheo test come out?  Could it be that you have reached tolerance to Xanax so that it doesn't work anymore?  I'd ask my psychiatrist about switching to something else and even trying a stronger sleep aid.  Temazepam is a benzo like Xanax so maybe the tolerance could affect that, too?  Of course, I"m not a doctor.

If you REALLY think you have this fatal insomnia (which I looked up briefly and it appears only 8 cases have ever been diagnosed) then find a neurologist who will humor you and ask for the testing.  I honestly think you probably have some kind of somatization disorder (which I was diagnosed with in connection with my heart palpitations) but if you  have good insurance, talk to a neurologist.  Also, how old are you?  This disease doesn't set in until after 40 so if you're younger than that it adds to the likelihood that isn't your problem.  Again, I definitely don't think you have it and I've had severe anxiety but I know that reassuring testing has helped me in the past.  I'd trust your doctor, of course, though.

IP Logged
Steff1573

I Love YaBB 2!

Montana
Reply #18 - Feb 13th, 2012, 7:18am

I am 34 years old.  The Sleep issues started 26 months ago to where I had to take somethng to sleep.  I was awake for 5 days straight and it was sudden.  I knew something was wrong.  Then after numerous sleep aids, anti-depressants, etc (thinking maybe I was crazy) the only medications that worked were in the Benzo Class.  I have had Dr's say "This will make you sleepy" when trying other meds and it has no effect on me.  I feel like whatever this is..  it's only getting worse.  

I have seen counselors, psychiatrist, Neurologists, Internal Med Dr, etc...  Everyone seems puzzled.  

I do not want to have fatal insomnia.  There are 25 known Families and then there is a Sporadic Kind that is not Genetic.  I really don't know if I want to know if I have this...

I keep thinking positive, do everything the Dr's tell me to, etc....  I don't feel a sense of fear, hunger, sensations hardly at all, I am losing weight even though I eat...  I do not feel tired which is weird.  

I was tested for Pheochromocytoma and Carcinoid Syndrome and both came back fine....

RLR could you please shed some light? I was told 2 years ago all this was caused probably by Temporal Lobe Seizures, but again I take Keppra 3 times a day for that.  I don't even realize I am having seizures.

Then I was told MS, but again my MRI appears to be stable.

So the insomnia continues........... I don't want to die from some rare fatal disease and I know everyone reading this thinks I am nuts, but I promise you I am not nuts.  even my Psych says I am not and I have been seeing her for 6 yrs now....

IP Logged
Steff1573

I Love YaBB 2!

Montana
Reply #19 - Feb 13th, 2012, 7:24am

And here is a link on a 32 year old woman who had it.  She lived over 2 years.  They thought she has depression, panic disorder, etc.... And what is interesting is that her EEG said she had sharp waves on her EEG suggesting seizures, which is what my Neuro (seizure dr) said I had on mine...

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2377/11/136

IP Logged
Chris

I Love YaBB 2!

West Sussex, UK
Reply #20 - Feb 13th, 2012, 10:14am

But Steff you're picking out one person out of a world population of 7 billion. Think about that number. 1 in 7 billion.

RLR has already explained in previous posts that FFI has affected just 100 people worldwide and if you had it, you'd certainly be unable to type coherently on the forum.

The thing is, what you're asking from RLR and the forum is impossible. We try to reassure you but you insist something is wrong. So what can we do?

I'm really really sorry that you're going through such a tough time, but you've been around on this forum and others for a long while, don't you think it's time you stopped searching for the vaguest and most incredibly improbable diseases and actually look into the anxiety situation?

You don't have to accept that it's anxiety and that's it, but I get the impression you are keen to dismiss it as impossible, and if you'd pursued anxiety like you pursue these billion to one diseases you may be feeling a lot better now.

As I said Steff, I don't mean for this to sound harsh and I am sorry you're going through such a tough time, but the way I see it there is nothing anyone here can do to help you.

I personally believe you are suffering from chronic anxiety, which causes numerous symptoms all of which you've described at one point or another on here.

If you feel otherwise, you need to consult your doctors who are there with you, face to face. If they do the tests and nothing is wrong, then you really need to look at yourself and accept that actually, maybe nothing is wrong.

You're underestimating the power of your mind Steff. I wish you well.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print