Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
fatigue (Read 3953 times)
marti

I Love YaBB 2!

missouri ozarks
fatigue
Jul 11th, 2012, 2:52pm

It's been a long time since my last question about the vagus nerve.  I finally got my gastro to admit that I probably had nerve damage during a small bowel resection nearly 4 years ago.  And he finally agrees that the vagus nerve and my intestinal gas are related.  

My question today is does the vagus nerve have anything to do with extreme fatigue?  I have MS and Graves disease, both of which cause fatigue.  But since I can't seem to do any physical work (even the slightest thing wears me out) I was wondering if there could be a relationship involving the vagus nerve too.  

Thanks again

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: fatigue
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 6:32pm

The fatigue would not be related to vagus nerve activity as it relates to your symptoms and far more consistent with Grave's disease.

Please describe in detail all of the features you experience of becoming "worn out" and indicate actual onset and recovery timeframes.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
marti

I Love YaBB 2!

missouri ozarks
Re: fatigue
Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2012, 11:42am

There doesn't seem to be anything "usual" about this.  The fatigue can come on for no reason... it can be continual or occasional.. associated with activity or not.  What really worries me is that my palps are slower now, but I still get this kind of sucking in my chest... like I can't breath for a couple of seconds.  Like something is taking my breath away.  I think my lack of a thyroid is trying to normalize.  According to my labs it's pretty good.  But I still feel what I describe as a rush of something .... maybe hormones... maybe panic attack.  I just don't know.  This is so hard to describe.  This summer heat has been hard on the MS.  Lot of fatigue.. MS HUG... air hunger etc.  The Vagus nerve seems to be involved with so much of our functions I thought maybe it played a part in fatigue too.  I also have IBS which can cause this fatigue (as I understand it).  Lots of pain in the sternum.  They have also found several bulging discs and an annular tear.  I will see a neuro surgeon soon.  So I suppose all this together can cause the exhaustion.  But what can this sucking feeling be??  I keep calling them palps, but I'm not sure if that is the right term.  Gas seems to come with the actual palps.  Thanks so much.. again.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print