Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
high heartrate in rest. 130+ RLR i was sent to ER (Read 12435 times)
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

high heartrate in rest. 130+ RLR i was sent to ER
Nov 21st, 2012, 12:28pm

today my heart suddenly run up to 140-150 while eating my evening meal... ..than consolidated  for hours around 130-135. it just wouldnt come down. I had been in bed all due cause i'm coming down with a flu or cold or infection. throat hurts and headache
After visiting the doc , they said I should go to the heart unit cause my HR was way too high.
In the hospital they indeed still saw an heart rate of 135+ ..sometimes 150..and than some minutes later 115/120
everything was in a sinus rhythm so they werent too concerned.
They took some blood samples..and I was coming down with a cold or infection fever cause I had a slight fever in temperature. besides a bit high leucocyten ,presumably due to the infection, everything looked fine.
They released me and told me they didnt know what causes it, but its not dangerous.

RLR could you tell me what can cause this.
Was this GI related?
because i'm coming down with an infection and therefore my heart was already higher , which I REACTED ANXIOUS UPON?
or what is this?

they told me they didnt see a normal sinus rhythm that high often

oh and is it normal to have a slight increased white bloodcell count while having a cold ?

« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2012, 2:31am by richie »  
  IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Re: high heartrate in rest. 130+ RLR i was sent to ER
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2012, 4:42am

If your healthcare center has seldom observed a sinus tachycardia rate of the realm you describe then it must not be serving very many patients at all. The rate you mention is well within the range of garden variety sinus tachycardia and rates far higher than yours are observed regularly.

I'm going to be very frank here in pointing out that you suffer from frank hypochondria and your constant fears are producing the vast majority of the consequential physiological disturbances which you alone are casting as symptoms of disease of some type. You continue to engage in the constant need for answers to your questions which are based upon an irrational premise and since all responses are going to be drawn from the logical and real world, it leaves you constantly unsatisfied and unconvinced. In other words, you are attempting to force the rest of the world to become irrational such that it will become consistent with your own interpretations of your health status. Such a premise is never going to transform to your liking.

I have reviewed your postings time and again and I continue to see nothing whatsoever to indicate that you are afflicted with any type of serious disease process whatsoever. The postings do indicate an absolute ceaseless vigilance by you to your daily health matters and I would suspect that it's to the exclusion of much else in your life.

When you can arrive at the point that you can recognize your own personal suspicions and conclusions to be grossly inaccurate, then you will have made a great stride in the right direction. You cannot, and I repeat cannot research the internet and derive any type of accurate clinical self-diagnostic accuracy. You are under the false presumption that websites such as All Experts is a medical diagnostic plateau which extends universality to medical issues and their implications.

From the most basic standpoint, you believe that you are sick because you refuse to accept that your body as one among the vast population should function free of any discrepancy. You're "sick" because you believe there must be some disease causing your problems and much akin to pure stubbornness and ultimatum, you refuse to disengage such a pursuit until the cause is found.

Life is without doubt the most precious commodity humans are granted and for you to expend yours entirely within the context of fear and turmoil is a waste without compare. While certainly a marvel to behold, the human body is far from perfect. We get creaks, knocks, aches, pains and we experience a mixture of good days and bad. We react under stress and tension. We respond variably to climate features and exposure to pathogens. We do, however, continue to thrive and make our way with enthusiasm rather than despair.

It's not a perfect world, Ritchie. Buck up your fears, stand tall, get out into the world and leave your woes in some dusty corner. You're missing out on life and there is absolutely nothing within the engagement of daily life which could even come close to putting you in the type of peril you presently portend. Stop asking relentless questions which serve no apparent purpose than the generation of an entire new series of questions and concerns, which constitutes a journey with no destination.

There is only one direction to proceed. Forward. Divest all that energy into the prospects of life, not your demise.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Nov 22nd, 2012, 4:57am

I know you are probably right RLR
I do

The stupid thing is my body keeps tricking me. I mean. I went to the doctor and SHE said this is not normal. NOT ME.
She sent me to the heart care unit. becuase she said a heart rate of 140-150 for over an hour is not normal

I hope and I know you can understand how this impacts a worrier like me. with anxiety issues.

My body does so many weird things and it keeps accumulating these symptoms and never once one leaves !!

I understand where you coming from. I even think you're more than polite and helpful.

I was sent home yesterday with still a very high heart rate and no explanation. A bit high white bloodcellcount.
I even asked the doc there if it was due to my stomach, eating, started it. maybe an ulcer. because I burp so much and have a full feeling while eating

NO explanation

Now you know I'm the type that is cognitiv vigilant so I need explanations to cope with my symptoms.

It is for that reason I asked you the questions in this thread.

The fact you not answering them like I hoped you would puts me in doubt again.
Can I assume that you think this entire thing although lasted for HOURS!!! was and is benign and is possibly due to my infection and a negative anxiety response which kept repeating itself due to the events?

Buck up your fears, stand tall, get out into the world and leave your woes in some dusty corner.

I wish I was that strong and had that trust in life and my body :'(

what I dont understand is this;  You are under the false presumption that websites such as All Experts is a medical diagnostic plateau which extends universality to medical issues and their implications.

I really think that Dr Richardson in the heart section is a legit and very well respected Doc. I ask some questions to him too. And it always comes back very polite and very 'knowledgeable' !!

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2012, 2:10am

I've been reading your answer over and over again.

It contains so much wisdom and I can understand so much what you are saying. The simple fact is, I lost confidence in my own life and body. It has come so far that I sometimes just do nothing because walking or doing the household turns my heart to a in my opinion way to high bpm. or when I try to do the normal things a father does with his children i get sick in an instant.

why is this?
From being a healthy 35 years old man I developed into a wreckage some years later. I do have a lot of strange bodily symptoms which after years of indeed relentless searching has give some answers.

Vision : Always had problems ,doc said I worried too much and it was nothing. but it was and is (still testing) a chronic fourth nerve palsy a congenital defect, in which the development of the fourth nerve (or its nucleus) is abnormal or incomplete.

so not nothing.

When i was 24 yrs of age I lost 30 kg in a few months. they thought it was nothing. stress. but in the end I had a stomach problem.

I always had to fight for my health. they 've (the doctors) made a lot of errors. They almost crippled my mother making horrible mistakes.

Now i'm 40 years of age. and not 20 anymore. the chance of becoming ill is more imaginable than when I was younger. Having so much symptoms which doctors again cant explain or put aside as. you worry too much doesnt really help due to earlier incidents.

I know I lost a fair perspective on things physically. But 5 years ago you wouldnt hear me about anything physical cause I felt great.
If I ask for tests to reassure me . Cause the doc dont think its nescessary they dont allow it. But if a stress echo would give me more believe why dont help me? what do they got to lose? I can lose my life , they only their pride?

I know i'm not easy to convince. But I quess thats normal behaviour in someone who is tested highly gifted. I know my ability to think extreme fast and deep is a downfall too.

i really wih I just could say to myself. Well Rich, Now dont over analyse anymore, put yourself together, take all risks , and believe you are healthy although you feel worse every day.
Does it work that way?

maybe when I'm approaching 90 yrs of age. (not that I ever believe i'll get there) than Looking backwards I see the senselessness too of my "irrational"believes and fears. but for now they are more than real to me.

In this process I would really like your input and guidance. cause you seem to know much about the mind and life also.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2012, 5:12am

You misunderstood my statement regarding the reference to All-Experts and other forums, including this one. My comments were not in reference to Dr. Richardson at all, but directed at your own perceptions about information you obtain from the internet, which would include this forum as well.

As for always having to fight for your health, I'm constrained to point out that such a statement is quite short-sighted. Firstly, a 4th cranial nerve palsy is an extremely common finding for the average opthalmologist or optometrist, resulting in mild diplopia, or double vision, and is easily correctable. Your "stomach problem" is nothing more than a functional disorder that is stress-induced and does not constitute organic pathology of any type, again a very common finding.

In fact, I've seen nothing within the content of your postings to suggest that you've had to fight for good health at all, but rather paradoxically argue against it. I see no evidence to suggest that the medical community has erred whatsoever and in general, you seem to resent the fact that physicians refuse to yield to your own interpretations and requests for specific testing. You persist in the belief that you are correct in your presumptions regarding your health and are blaming the medical community for obstructing your attempts to obtain reassurance to counteract self-induced irrational fears. The actual reason for such resentment is more likely grounded in the contention that the reality associated with the medical community's findings is damaging to your strivings.  

It's very critical to examine your statements regarding intellectual status and critical thinking skills. In general Ritchie, overt notions such as these more often constitute a defensive mechanism and generally lend insight into why you may be "sick." Understand that when a person  manifests difficulty in coping with certain aspects of their life, there are several possible consequences depending upon the individual's perspective at the time. The avoidance of confronting certain beliefs which arise can often establish alternate approaches to daily life, some of which can be highly counter-productive.

The premise of being critically ill and fragile may well support implications of a suitable excuse to avoid certain aspects of life where you otherwise feel incompetent and a failure. It's very critical for you to understand that such condemnation is always self-inflicted and being measured against standards which are grossly irrational. In other words, perceived inabilities and lack of success is mitigated by the premise that you are "sick" and therefore prevented from demonstrating competency. Such compensatory rationales are rarely examined through introspection and if the original emotional offending emotional perspectives are intense enough, can actually result in a distorted commencement of daily life practices for the remainder of an individual's life in some instances.

The ability to cogitate "fast and deep" bears no logical reference to your claims of illness or disease but rather speaks very largely to the likely origin and basis for your difficulties. I suggest that you consider the points being discussed here, for it may well represent an opportunity for you to perform self-examination in the absence of overt defensive mechanisms designed to avoid it. In order to do so, it would be highly beneficial and recommended that you seek out the assistance of a professional trained and experienced in dealing with this type of problem, which may interest you to know is highly common and very treatable.  

Best regards,

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Nov 24th, 2012, 5:40am

Dear RLR

It is becoming very personal and i dont know if my respond to your posting still suits this forum. So i will answer it through a personal message. i'll hope you will read it and aswer to it.

I just wrote you a personal message.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2012, 10:51am

I have always maintained the option for members or guests to discuss matters by private message that were considered difficult to post on the open forum and your instance is no different. I will review your private message and make response as time permits but it's important for you to understand that I will be unable to establish any type of long-term exchange regarding the matter.

My responses here are merely intended to offer your consideration for options that will hopefully generate progression toward resolution at some point by seeking the most suitable resource through which to accomplish it.

Best regards,

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2012, 2:47am

Dear RLR

hope to hear from you soon

About my ECG EKG for wednesday.

All bloodlabs were fine except slightly elevated white bloodcell
(4 -10 was normal) I had 13,7

Everything looked ok besides sinus tachycardia between 110-150 and EKG said non specific repolarization "something"

could you also explain in your answer to me what that means ?
Is this a total non issue and normal variant in a sinus tachy during fever or anxiety?

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Nov 30th, 2012, 4:56am

bump ( I'm very interested in your answer and thoughts on my personal message)

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Dec 10th, 2012, 8:47am

hello RLR
I hope you still want to answer my private message from weeks ago

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Dec 19th, 2012, 1:59am

bump
RLR ,whenever you will find the time i'm still very interested in your answer on my personal message  somewhere in november where I tried to explain some things to you about my life which might shed some light on my physical well being

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print