Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
heart feels like it stops (Read 6588 times)
josh27

Heart Palpitations
Forum

heart feels like it stops
Dec 14th, 2012, 3:25pm

I have these very rarley i think its what caused my heart phobia. Ill be perfectly fine and all of a sudden it feels like something squeezed my heart for a second wile this happens i cant breath at all? This is very scary feeling a feeling i cant describe other than this is it im dying.

IP Logged
josh27

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: heart feels like it stops
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2012, 5:52pm

Please help it happened again it feels like someone squeezed it for a second and let iff then my heart jump up to 150 bpm im so scared

IP Logged
josh27

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2012, 9:48am

They found whit lesions in my brain to can this effect my heart?

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2012, 4:44pm

Okay, you need to give yourself that proverbial slap across the face to dislodge you from the apparent hysteria you're experiencing. There is nothing wrong with your heart.

When the vagus nerve inappropriately stimulates the heart, the consequential sensation can vary depending upon precisely when the wayward impulse enters the cardiac cycle. If it does so in association with atrial depolarization, the sensation is most commonly experienced as a light fluttering effect because the atria are small and their actions less forceful. If the signal arrives during ventricular depolarization, the subsequent sensation is more likely felt as a hard thud or thump, due to the large size and powerful actions of the ventricles.

If the wayward impulse enters the cardiac cycle during ventricular repolarization, which is the brief instant when the heart is entirely motionless before another cycle begins, then the subsequent sensation can feel like a long pause, or squeezing sensation as the actual pause is accentuated. The subsequent hard and fast pounding heart simply results from a transient drop in blood pressure, which is quickly compensated for in order to prevent you from losing consciousness.

The other factor causing sinus tachycardia is your fear that your heart is actually being potentially squeezed to a halt and prevented from doing its job, which is altogether incorrect and based purely on subjective reasoning associated with the sensation being experienced.

Lastly, based upon the particular notations and sequence of your postings, it's critical for you to recognize that this forum is not real-time and I'm not sitting in front of the screen awaiting postings. It could be several days to weeks before I attend the forum because of my schedule. The point is that your requests for a response due to a real-time experience are based upon a possible misconception regarding the construct and capacity of the forum.

Again, you need to take a breath and relax. You're not going to suffer any type of sudden cardiac event and you need to remind yourself that simply because you perceive your life to be in danger doesn't actually cause it to become possible.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
josh27

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 17th, 2012, 9:29am

I will smack my self around a bit. I try to contol my fears even with meds i cant unless there benzos witch i get rashes from. I have been irrational not sure why. These things are scary. So im going to try the smack the siily out hahhahha. On a serious not i did not mean to come off the way i did in being needy or help right away. I understand you help alot of people on this forum and probably off to so im sorry i came off like that i had no meanings of that.

IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #5 - Dec 17th, 2012, 5:24pm

No need to apologize. It's simply important when such instances appear to suggest an imminent need for a response to reaffirm the actual capacity of the forum.

You are at no risk, so you need to understand that your fears are an irrational manifestation and simply because you believe it to be possible doesn't mean that such a premise can become real.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
josh27

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2012, 8:21am

So if my heart cganges tone from a buh bump to like a pinging noise thats ok? This was one thing my gp said was weird but my stress test came back ok.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print