Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Heart beating faster and harder...only at night !! (Read 2621 times)
anj
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Heart beating faster and harder...only at night !!
Feb 05th, 2013, 6:38pm

Hello,
48 yr old male with history of benign pac/pvc's....on 80mg beta blocker (corgard) and 5mg zestril for htn....also statin (zocor 20mg) and Nexium for GERD....

Ive been on Corgard for 15 years..started at 40mg until 5 years ago when I had alot of pvc (1200 a day) so then went to 80mg and the pvc's have pretty much dissipated last 5 years....Occasional wine drinker, non smoker and in decent shape.....

1 month ago i was in bed around 11pm after a few glasses of wine and food my heart just kicked up to about 120 bpm for about 2-3 min....someimes after wine and food late my heart usually beats hard and increases somewhat BUT THIS WAS MORE THAN DOUBLE MY USUAUL RATE !!!  Beacuse of my BB my HR is always around 45-48 BPM at night and I'm fine with this....Since this episode almost 4 weeks ago i still seem to have increased HR...ONLY AT NIGHT WHEN I LAY DOWN TO SLEEP...My heart mainly beats HARDER than ususal with slight increase in rate....This has been going on for 3-4 weeks now...not every night....maybe twice a week or so....All day long is fine ...It just happens at night...So strange !!!  Ironically I just had a stress echo a week before this all happened and everything was fine !!!

Just had event monitor hooked up and so far nothing unusual has been seen....

Looking for an informative opinion here because my doc seems stumped and i'm so frustrated...

Sorry for the long post and thanks... Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print