Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Concerns: Heart Discomfort & Anxiety Disorder (Read 5614 times)
Brittany
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Concerns: Heart Discomfort & Anxiety Disorder
Feb 13th, 2013, 9:09pm

Hi guys,

I'm looking to seek some advice with some certain heart issues I've had. I suffer with anxiety disorder quite seriously, to the extent it has left me suicidal in the past, as the symptoms have overwhelmed me and made my life difficult.

I've normally had relatively standard PVCs as a result of anxiety.

For the past week or so I've noticed some differences. I seem to have times where my heart will seem to beat a lot heavier, and this will often be coupled with quite a lot of anxiety.

This eventually lead to some more concerning PVCs. When laying down, the heart rate increases quite significantly and I eventually begin to shake in a feeling of cold and fear at the same time.

This has lead to spending my nights awake, and sleeping at odd hours.

Last night this ended in significant chest pain, and I decided to call an ambulance. Before they arrived, the feelings had lifted. They hooked me up to an EKG, found my blood oxygen to be around 95-98, a slightly low blood pressure, and a heart rate of 75-85. It also noted several regular shaped PVCs.

My concern is mostly that the events I struggle through are the ones that occur at random times. I will normally be completing some work at the computer and my heart rate will increase. Sometimes I will attempt to deal with it by getting up, and often, small changes in body position will result in new PVCs. When this leads to repeated incidents multiple times within a minute, occasional 'twinge' chest pains, and shaking, my concern is that I should consult help.

I have been prescribed propranolol for anxious events, but haven't taken it in concern that it would raise my blood pressure, and that I may be able to find ways to manage my anxiety. In the past, I have had multiple ECGs for similar, anxiety triggered events, blood tests for heart damage only a week ago, and multiple general checks and monitors, to find no abnormality, and generally good health for a 19 year old female.

May I ask for some suggestions of what I should choose as my route? I tend to eat relatively well, although I don't exercise as much as I once did, and seem to spend much of my day concerned in obsessive thought patterns.

Thank you if you've read this, and have a nice day,

- Brittany

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Concerns: Heart Discomfort & Anxiety Disorder
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2013, 10:48am

Brittany I know exactly where you are because I was there!!! Now I am not there!  I struggled for 7 + years with crippling anxiety and palpitations!  These are all in your head...yes you feel them but they are because of your thought patterns....

Take a full day and start reading ALL of RLRs replys.  If you change your thought patterns you CAN get your life back!  Read through some of my postings as well.....Anxiety is not a disease and can be fixed and I am LIVING PROOF because I was as bad as they come.

Also read through panicend.com and anxietynomore.co.uk/blog/  these 2 other sites helped me so much!

You just have to have the courage to make a choice....live like you do the rest of your life??? or be brave enough to stand up and realize that all of this is IN YOUR HEAD..

Good luck and you can do it if you have the courage and commitment to do so!

Big Country

IP Logged
skipabeat

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2013, 4:29pm

Bigcountry, I read some of your posts, very informative. I find it very hard to change my thought pattern especially when I'm getting palps every day. There are times when I'm relaxed not thinking of them at all no anxiety or stress and bamm here they are out of nowhere. Sick of it. My therapist tells me its my subconscious that are giving me my palps. How do you control that? I have no idea. I'm not a happy person right now.

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2013, 7:40pm

Skipabeat you cant change your thought patterns as long as you believe your palps will harm you!!  Look at how long this site has been up and how many people have the same problems and yet nothing has ever happened to ANY OF US!!!  Shouldnt that be a huge wake up call for everyone suffering like you are now and how I used to be???  Trust me when I say you have to take one giant, scary, exhausting, frustrating foot forward in to a world where you, and your mind believe what RLR has been screaming at us for many years!!!!  Then you will live the life you want to live! Its not easy....its the hardest thing I have ever done....but it is worth the trip because in the end you dont fear life anymore!  You live it!!!  You are only here for a short while....do you want to look back when you are 80 and still alive and realize you wasted your entire life being afraid of something that wasnt a threat!!!  

You wont be healed over night or even in 3 or 4 months time but you can get your life back with a major effort in changing your thought patterns!

I remember when I first started changing my life...I would go to the gym and work out and my heart would skip, run, jump etc etc and my first thought would be RRRRUUUUUUNNNNN.....go home now!  But instead I would say  "you know what, RLR said I am fine and these are normal....if something happens I am around all of these people and they can help me"  and I would stay and work out!!!  Once I started doing this more and more I proved to myself that RLR was right and I was my own worst enemy!

Stop being your own worst enemy!  Read ALL of RLR's post and you will start to believe him.  Read the websites I posted above and start changing the way you think!  GET YOUR LIFE BACK!

I hope this helps!  : )

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print