Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to palpitations ...weird symptoms.  Need help. (Read 7099 times)
Jani
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

New to palpitations ...weird symptoms.  Need help.
May 23rd, 2013, 6:00pm

I have dealt with anxiety for about 5 years now.  I am 23 so I have dealt with it on and off for about some years.  Anyways recently Ive had episo of tachycardia that are soooo scary.  My heart starts beating so fast really fast.  I have not recorded any episodes but this is all new to me.  Basically how it starts is that I am either stressed out or have anxiety an it start building up.  I start having some weird throat feeling and such and then bam out of the blue I get fast heartbeat.  Before it happens right at the point before it all starts It feels as if I had taken a wrong breath an I feel something contract in my next chest area and that provokes my palpitations.  I feel that breathing triggers these palpitations so what is the deal here?  What is going on?

Also one more thing I like to add is that in ALL the 5 attacks Ive had this past year it was while I was in the computer hunched over.  I don't know if this has anything to do with it.  

Is there any advice you guys can give or any help with what I may be experiencing.  I know people have tachycardia all the time but I haven't never heard of someone getting a "wrong breath" an triggering tachycardia.

IP Logged
Pamela
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

UK
Re: New to palpitations ...weird symptoms.  Need help.
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2013, 3:20am

Hi.  I'm new to the forum but have been having palps for 50 years.  They are usually bad enough for me to have to cease activity and sit or lie down.  

Yes I get them when hunched over, bending over, twisting round; ie anything that causes compression in the chest or abdomen.

They are a total nuisance but in most cases are benign.  In other words you will not die of them, nor will they adversely affect your heart over the years.  

Read what the doctor has to say about them on this site.  It's fantastic and reassuring information.

Hope yours don't last a lifetime as mine have, altho despite them I am very physically fit.

Best wishes

Pamela

IP Logged
Drempel
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Netherlands
Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2013, 4:42am

Jani wrote on May 23rd, 2013, 6:00pm:
I have dealt with anxiety for about 5 years now.  I am 23 so I have dealt with it on and off for about some years.  Anyways recently Ive had episo of tachycardia that are soooo scary.  My heart starts beating so fast really fast.  I have not recorded any episodes but this is all new to me.  Basically how it starts is that I am either stressed out or have anxiety an it start building up.  I start having some weird throat feeling and such and then bam out of the blue I get fast heartbeat.  Before it happens right at the point before it all starts It feels as if I had taken a wrong breath an I feel something contract in my next chest area and that provokes my palpitations.  I feel that breathing triggers these palpitations so what is the deal here?  What is going on?

Also one more thing I like to add is that in ALL the 5 attacks Ive had this past year it was while I was in the computer hunched over.  I don't know if this has anything to do with it.  

Is there any advice you guys can give or any help with what I may be experiencing.  I know people have tachycardia all the time but I haven't never heard of someone getting a "wrong breath" an triggering tachycardia.

Same here... wrong breathing triggers my palpitations as well.

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2013, 8:19am

Anxiety cause people to breathe poorly....when you breathe poorly you mess with the levels of CO2 in your blood which can trigger palpitations.....thats all this is.......once again totally harmless and a symptom of poor breathing and nothing more.

This will not lead to heart failure or a dangerous heart rhythm.  It is just not physically possible.

Hope this helps

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print