Send Topic Print
Hi everyone (Read 28315 times)
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Hi everyone
Jul 06th, 2013, 3:29am

Its been a long time since I visited, although I do still read up.

I see that Dr. Rane has not visited in a while and some of you were worried and wondered if I knew anything being as so many also visit the face book page. I do not know anything more.

I have two suggestions which may not be at all correct.

I know that Dr. Raine cared so much about you all and people suffering from palps that in the event that he was, for any reason, unable to continue, he has asked another medical person (I assume a doctor) to continue.

The second idea is that Dr. Rane annually works/helps with children and at that time he visits here much less, and generally he does warn everyone about that.

I hope he returns soon, or you get some information.

Dr Rane saved my sanity and I truly hope he is well.

Jen

I have found what appears to be RLR's last post and it appears that he is aware he may be away for a while. I am sure you will hear something soon. best wishes.

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1366766393/0#0

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Hi everyone
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2013, 7:10am

Typer

he was last online on the 5th of may..

So IF he would be away for more than 2 months he would have told us it would be many months..
He posted that he returned of helping in child hospital at the 23 rd of April
So 2 months later and no Dr Rane.. taking into account his age of 93 and i'm afraid something happened to him.

Nothing in his last post suggested it would take months..

IP Logged
bayroot

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2013, 7:31am

I agree with Typer, I'm sure we would have had a message if there was anything wrong. I know he had a person who would take over in any event.

Nothing to worry about IMO, at least until we hear anything contrary. If this was any other forum people wouldn't question it. Its only because everyone has anxious mindsets.

This is a good lesson on our anxious thinking.

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2013, 9:25am

Thinking a 93 yr old person could be dead or something wrong because we dont hear anything for months is an anxious mindset?

It is that this is a serious topic...but.. Grin Cool

In my opinion its a possibility that is more set on logic than on anxiety.
To deny the possibility sounds more anxious to me..

You are a moderator now Bayroot so I quess the person who made you that is the only one who can have the answer about RLR..

IF he or she dont know than he wasnt that close with RLR and if something happened to RLR and he didnt have much family..who would know about his forums??

IF nothing is wrong with him..than I quess he would have told us he would be away for months. And just not look at these forum for more than 2 months..isn't very useful.
So ..sorry sheer deduction leads to a conclusion that there is something wrong.

and add on..not every palp or poblem here was and is due to anxiety..

IP Logged
bayroot

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2013, 12:19pm

Of course I don't expect people who are anxious to agree with me...

I'm not a moderator...where did you hear that?

Just wait and see before you judge.

And btw,its your same "logic" that makes you think chest pain = heart attack. Not the most conclusive logic.

Very few people on here will understand because they haven't stepped outside of the anxiety circle.

IP Logged
sto12

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2013, 9:30pm

Well I'm a pretty logical person and my anxiety is related purely to my health. It doesn't affect my ability to draw a logical conclusion about other matters. RLR did post that it would take him a little while to catch up with things and then he would rejoin the forum. I'm still new but I've read enough of his posts to see that he isn't in the habit of making such statements and then disappearing for months afterwards. I also know that we aren't supposed to speculate about his whereabouts and what may or may not have happened to him. An illogical person wouldn't speculate and it is hardly the domain of the logical person. Of course we are going to speculate, wonder and worry. RLR has helped many of us and his concern for us has been one of his most admirable and consistent traits. To not express the same concern about his own health would just be selfish. I doubt that most of us are the self-absorbed.

IP Logged
sto12

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2013, 9:35pm

On the 23rd of April he posted this:

"Okay, I've returned from out of town but it will be several days before I can attend the forum. Thank you for your patience and my appreciation to all members who offered their time to address concerns by other members and guests during my absence."

And we speculate because of those words. Illogical? Not according to my logical self it isn't.

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2013, 11:20pm

BAYROOT

in another post below your poster name profile was stated...global moderator..  so thats why i asked. But than I saw it was Bigcountry..
So excusez moi Smiley  it was Bigcountry who was suddenly made mod

About the anxiety... sorry my friend. I know its the common word here. anxiety is the keyword and the explanation for everything.
But my conclusion about RLR is purely based on logic.
This may sound hard, but i´m a straight shooter so i write it down.
I would be aggrieved if something happened to RLR, but why should I be anxious to hear something happened to him? I have no emotional bonding..
Being a 93 yr old man. Its not uncommon to die. I hope not. But its very well possible. Its even more logic than being a 93 yr old and travel for months. I dont know many 93 yrs old traveling and working for months. So you may think what you think but please stop putting me in the anxiety corner here.

oh and GEORGE is also a moderator here. which he never was. Did beadbabe do this?

IP Logged
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2013, 10:03am

It is a worry when the place you come to (a safe port during a palp storm) is threatened or uncertain.

I do know Dr. Rane had arranged that in the event of him not being able to come here permanently, another physician will take over. I guess we will have to trust him.

Its hard not to speculate about his health and I for one like to know this place is here if I need it, even if its to just read. I just hope he remains well and some other life event is keeping him away. Let us hope that whatever the reason it is not causing him too much distress.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Reply #9 - Jul 15th, 2013, 1:21am

Hi Typer,

I was not aware that Dr. Rane had arranged for another medical professional to take over if he was unable to attend the forum. Was that a public post? I'd love to hear more about it.

Anyway, I think the less speculation about what has happened, the better. Nobody on the forum has any real life contact with Dr. Rane and nobody knows where he is, regardless of what may or may not have happened.

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
sto12

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #10 - Jul 16th, 2013, 2:28am

The thing is George that it was actually you that started the first thread speculating on the whereabouts of Dr Rane. I don't get it.

IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Reply #11 - Jul 16th, 2013, 9:24am

I wanted to know if anybody had any information to offer up regarding Dr. Rane's disappearance.

Based on the feedback I've received from others both on the forums and via PMs, I've concluded it is best not to speculate about his whereabouts unless more information is available. Since we have none, all we can do is guess which is a waste of time. My thread was also locked for this reason.

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Reply #12 - Jul 28th, 2013, 12:51pm

Hi all
I am a moderator, and have been for some time, not quite sure why I still have these privileges as many old hands are far more active and helpful than me (they will know who they are). I hardly visit these days - still suffer from palps, but find it better to ignore them, exercise hard and know they can't harm me.

I am going to post a new thread as not all will read this one. And I would like to say a few things.

beadbabe Smiley

IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Reply #13 - Jul 28th, 2013, 12:53pm

Actually I can't post a new topic so will post an answer under rlr's absence.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print