Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Does anyone else  get these every day? (Read 10574 times)
cazza

I Love YaBB 2!

england
Does anyone else  get these every day?
Feb 06th, 2007, 3:02am

HI
I think i am deffinately coping better with my missed beats now i have been told they are not sinister.  But i still have them everyday Embarrassed  sometimes it might only be four  other days a lot!
I have had them for nine months now    Is there anyone else who has them everyday?
cheers  carol

IP Logged
toto

Scotland
Re: Does anyone else  get these every day?
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2007, 6:02am

Yep cazza... I get them every day. Sometimes, like yesterday I got two ..just 2 single ones...but just after Xmas I was getting one every other beat ( I think they call that bigeminy don't they?) all day every day for about 8 days straight. I was in anguish. Wish I'd found this site then! The 2 yesterday I noticed but it didn't make me worried at all.

I'm doing quite a lot of work on myself to get rid of the anxiety with pills(!) and  relaxation. ...and reading about assertiveness and confidence...and.... crikey I sound like I'm falling apart but I'm not! I have a full time job and support a son at University (and a husband who is lovely)...I'm lucky though. I'm not complaining about them!

Sorry...gabbling on here.

You get my drift!
Take care
Toni x

IP Logged
cazza

I Love YaBB 2!

england
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2007, 8:11am

Hi Toni
Sounds like you are doing really well    I have had to give up my job because of these  they have totally zapped my confidence     i am slowly gettting better at dealing with them on the waiting list to see a counsellor to see if that helps   i am not on any medication as this is the only problem i have  if these were to go i would not feel so bad and anxious!
I think its because its our hearts its just so scary    carol x

IP Logged
billycat

England
Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2007, 8:25am

Hi Carol,

I get them everyday too! Ihave been having really bad ones since November, every couple of beats all day long (and night too). I take medication when they're that bad. Went back to the docs and have been referred to a cardiologist (seeing him this Thursday) and TYPICALLY- they have calmed down quite a lot this week!!! (I almost wish that they were still as bad, so then at least I would feel like he thinks I'm not making a fuss!)

I find it really really hard to ignore them, so I know how you feel - they make you feel completely pre-occupied. Its very hard to ignore something when its banging against your chest all day long, or flipping in your throat! Its also very hard to feel "well" with them going on all the time... I think you have to experience them to know how disruptive they are don't you??  Undecided

I know I've found it very reassuring to read about other people's experiences - so I hope this is of some comfort to you!??

Good luck, billycat x

billycat
  IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2007, 1:48am

Yes, every day.
They are there every day. some days they can be very frequent - several ectopic in a minute and in short runs of three or four at a time which really makes me feel sick and unwell.
I don't know what the answer is. I have normal ecg and have had 24 hour holter monitor which they don't seem to be rushing the results back to me for, so probably that will be what they call normal. Although I had very little symptoms that day. Typical, eh?
Anyway, the doctors all say it is okay but I don't feel very normal, and I never had this several months ago.
How strange this all is and also reassuring that others have it too!

IP Logged
Beanie

I Love YaBB 2!

Ohio
Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2007, 3:47pm

Yes, everyday.  Some days just a few, some days hundreds.  For those who are interested I went to my first CBT session yesterday.  After telling her my anxieties and how they have accumulated over the past 18 years she explained alot about where we were going to start.  That is with relaxation of the body and mind.  She gave me several CD's to work with.  She said the next step will be to start to work on the thought process.  She also asked me to write down what I think about when I start worrying.  We will see how it goes.

IP Logged
toto

Scotland
Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2007, 1:05am

Hi Beanie,
It sounds like you had a good visit with your therapist.

I love listening to my relaxation cd's. You drift off to somewhere idyllic for 20 minutes and its like your own piece of heaven.
The first one I listened to though was really funny because it was a wee story taking you to your own personal lagoon on a yacht being accompanied by a dolphin swimming by your yacht leading the way to the secret lagoon..... where you anchored up and swam in the warm water and lay on the beach watching the waves and feeling the warmth of the sun etc.
But all I kept thinking was...I can't sail a yacht.... If I get off the boat, how do I get back on?.... Are there any insects on the beach?....  LOL..ha ha. It took me a few tries to stop my stupid negative thinking and enjoy it without anxiety. Practice makes perfect!

It must feel good to you when you see your therapist and feel like you're moving in the right direction...doing something positive. Thats how it made me feel when I did it anyway.
Good luck..
Take care
Toni x

IP Logged
cazza

I Love YaBB 2!

england
Reply #7 - Feb 8th, 2007, 8:43am

Hi Billycat  yes it is great to know im not the only one that feels like this about them  it is hard to feel well when they keep coming
talk soon  carol x

IP Logged
Beanie

I Love YaBB 2!

Ohio
Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2007, 3:19pm

Thanks for the reply toto.  Yes, I have always liked listening to nature music, flutes, birds etc.  I am not so sure about these with all the talking, and telling you what to do.  But I think you are right, and after you work with them they will become more effective.  The Dr says, like anything, with practice you will become better at it.  I also do yoga classes which i love too.  Lots of the same breathing techniques as the cd's.  Take care.

IP Logged
Stu M

Keep Smiling :0)

Northants - UK
Reply #9 - Feb 9th, 2007, 12:51am

Yes every day  Embarrassed

Stu

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print