Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some advice on ectopics please? (Read 3148 times)
jesteruk
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Some advice on ectopics please?
Feb 26th, 2013, 10:16am

First of all thank you for the forum. Have been reading through some posts and have already helped to put my mind at rest!

I have had relatively frequent ectopic beats since I had a bout of serious stress and stomach issues a couple of years ago. A that time I had a big pain in my stomach and rumbling followed by around 10 secs of a very hard heartbeat. I panicked and called an ambulance by which point my hr was so high they took me to hospital. I had several ECGs at the time and nothing found any issues and the same with blood tests.

Since this I have had fairly regular ectopic beats and every so often I will get 2 or 3 together. Most days I do t get full blown ones just the odd light fluttering feeling. Anyway last night I was driving and suddenly I got what I thought was ectopic beats but it went on. I pulled the car over and it carried on for around 10 secs. Not sure how many I had in this time but it was a fair few few but they were quite regular. Almost just felt like extra hard beats which I could feel. Then it stopped and all back to normal. At the time I was completely relaxed and not stressed. I did however have a grumbling stomach just before and a bit of pain.

I have booked an appointment with my GP but nothing available until next week and I did not feel it was an emergency. Would really appreciate some thoughts on this

IP Logged
plantman
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: Some advice on ectopics please?
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2013, 12:52pm

sounds standard with ectopics to me, i get them like that, if i overeat especially sugar, too much time at the gym, tiredness and stimulants like alcohol and caffine all do that to me.

I hit the gym hard and all the way home i could feel a flutter then a hard bang in the chest, these came one at a time, then all of a sudden 3 in a row, made me fee dizzy ect.

if you have had all of the tests, 24hr montor, echocardiogram ect i would think you are fine, but always best to check with your GP.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print