Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Non stop palpitations. (Read 38005 times)
SherriT
Forum Newbies

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Non stop palpitations.
Jul 08th, 2013, 2:00pm

Hi there.  I am new here and am trying to absorb all this info.  I am a 50 yr old woman who has been having occasional heart palpitations for years.  I had a holter monito a few years ago but of course did not have any palps during that time.  For the past month, I have been having them non stop every day for most of the day.  They seem to be every second or third beat.  I am going to have anger holter monitor in 2 days.  I am worried that they have become non stop.  I really don't have any other symptoms. They seem to stop during the night.  I am wondering if it is Atrial Fib or something serious.  Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sherri

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Non stop palpitations.
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2013, 2:36pm

Sherri you will be fine....read the Heart Palpitations 101 post 1-6 and it will answer many of your questions.....palpitations that you are experiencing are most likely harmless and the holter will show that to you.

Go back and read as many of RLR's post as you can and you will see what I am saying.  Relax....everything will be fine.

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2013, 7:14am

Hi Bigcountry

How did you become Global moderator..?
Who did give you those rights?
I mean..THAT person knows maybe more about RLR?

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2013, 6:41pm

Richie...I have no idea how I was given that title....must be a mistake??

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2013, 11:35pm

(ok bigcountry is made mod..i thought Bayroot..so i misread)

I quess George maybe did this (made you mod)..cause he got also the mod status..
But the fact this is so easily done, cause in all these years no extra mods were made.. we more and more can conclude something is up with RLR.

It would be better if someone who knew more told everybody.
Also who's giving away these mod stats and why?
Do you think RLR if he's come back likes to see 30 mods at his forum?
come on people.. please start to be reasonable ..WE cant keep this forum alive like RLR did . We are no MD's or Gp's !  To refer to RLR postings is ok to do. But we cant tell everyone ..nothing is wrong.Cause we dont know.. In the beginning I refered them to Dr Richardson, at allexperts..but this might sound as a shock to you.. this man was 84 and suddenly became unavailable for some time now too..( again..it is thought something happened to him too)
I've already seen postings here from people with genuine problems.. and no answers are given. If someone made people mods..Please see it as your task as mods that you give them an answer or at least the answer that you cant help anymore cause the real doc who helped us, is gone or passed away.

Its a fanatastic database in honor of RLR works.. and might he be alive, which I hope, and maybe he returns I hope you understand that he wont like seeing so many mods without him knowing

IP Logged
sto12

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2013, 6:36am

First, regarding the constant palps. I was having them all day, every day too. I found it absolutely impossible to believe that they were harmless. I would think to myself "how can this possibly be nothing?" This had been going on since January this year. There were two occasions when they stopped. One time it was for 2 weeks the other time it was for 3. I had other health issues I was dealing with during these periods. I haven't had a palpitation for the last 3 weeks. 3 weeks ago I read 2 of Claire Weekes' books and since then they have stopped. Not everyone who reads Claire Weekes' books find them helpful but many, many people do. She says a lot of the same things that RLR says and RLR says a lot of the same things that my doctor says.

Regarding RLR's disappearance, I'm going to be a rebel and suggest that there is a good possibility that he has either passed away or he is very ill. I'm also going to speculate (another no, no apparently) about why this information is not being disclosed to the members of this forum. I think the forum would lose most of its appeal if RLR no longer contributed to it and some people in the know (whoever they may be) do not want the forum to become a place where its members leave in droves. I can see why this might seem like a good idea and it is probably based on the premise that the members here have a lot of good advice to offer to newbies and at times to each other. Whilst I understand this reasoning and I think that RLR himself would have liked to see this happen I don't believe that he would want the members here to be lied to. When I suggest that we are being lied to, I'm not implying that we are being told deliberate lies. I'm talking about lying by omittance. It is hard for me to believe that a man who was so honest that he shared both the death of his wife and the death of his child with everyone here would want the true state of his health status to be kept a secret for the purpose of keeping an internet forum going. I'm a member here because of RLR and my enormous respect for him. He is an expert in his field and I tend to listen to experts. Sure I read some of the other threads here and I acknowledge that some of the members here are very knowledgeable about heart related issues but none of you are experts in that field. I don't know if I would continue to be a member here if RLR ceased contributing to the forum. But I don't want to be deceived into staying a member. I am only one person and not a long term member of the forum. I know that noone would care if I disappeared forever. That's to be expected. But to deceive all members for the purpose of keeping the forum running? I'm not okay with that and nor should anyone else be.  I think a post like this has the potential to get me banned from here. I write all of this fully aware of this and totally prepared for the outcome. I believe in freedom of speech and if I'm to be banned in order to "shut me up" ( to put it in a crude way) then so be it. Someone or some people here know what is going on with RLR. I don't for a moment doubt that regardless of what is said to the contrary.

Of course I am only speculating and RLR may be alive and well but just very busy and unable to visit here for some reason. I hope that is the case.

IP Logged
martinpetersen

"... If your
heart's strong, hold
on   ..."

Denmark
Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2013, 7:30am

Only one thing is for sure here: Noone - or almost noone - knows ANYTHING about RLR'life and wereabouts. We only know that someone writing under this signature has provided the group with what seems to be a very qualified, humane and wise advice.

Actually we don't even know if RLR's real name is Rutheford Rane. I have not been able to find one single reference on the Internet to, in example, something he has published, places he has worked etc. (I do realize, though, that his last years of being professionally active might have been the late 80'ties or early 90'ties ...)
It's not impossible that he has but a wall up around his privacy which is a bit higher than anyone would imagine. It could be understandable, and I wouldn't blame him the slightest bit. It could be an explanation of the silence.

It's a bit of an excercise to know absolutely nothing, isn't it? We just have to let happen what will happen.

IP Logged
sto12

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2013, 8:02am

Did you search obituaries? I did. How many of us have searched them trying to find his name? We'll never know because many seem to read the forum but never post.

I told my psychiatrist about Dr Rane. You know what he said? "How do you know he is really a retired neurologist with 40 years experience? It is the internet so it he could be some ordinary person who does a lot of internet searches and then posts the information he or she comes up with." Let's face it there are people out there who successfully do that sort of thing.  

For what it's worth I believe Dr Rane is exactly who he says he is. But I'm only 95 percent sure. Like you I have tried to find references to him in journals etc and have found nothing at all.

I live in Australia and I have not read every post he has ever made here. Far from it. I don't know where he lives but if anyone does then that would be a start. If it is true that noone here knows if he is alive, ill, busy etc etc then maybe it's time to at least endeavour to find out by using whatever information people here have about him.

It isn't as if we are rubberneckers at an accident site. We feel a personal connection to this man. If he has passed away then we need closure. Many of you have become very fond of him over the years. I only found out about him in January this year. We shared a couple of personal messages but I have read many of his posts here and I have developed a great respect for him and I have grown fond of him too. Perhaps not to the extent that you long-term forum members have but I have developed a fondness for him nonetheless.

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2013, 9:53am

I am going to have to disagree with both of what Richie and Sto12 are saying!!!  If you have been checked out by your doctor and been given a clean bill of health as far as your heart then you are suffering from benign palpitations....IF THIS IS THE CASE....then this site, staffed by RLR or not in its current state is a TREASURE TROVE of information that can help you TREMENDOUSLY if you are willing to take the time to go back and read his post!!!

One of the problems of people who suffer from anxiety is that they want a quick fix and will not see that their actions are most likely causing their symptoms....if you take the time to TRULY READ AND DIGEST what RLR states time and time again you will be able to live your life in the manner you once did!

But to say this website has no value without him at the helm is just utter nonsense!!!!!

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2013, 9:55am

I told my psychiatrist about Dr Rane. You know what he said? "How do you know he is really a retired neurologist with 40 years experience?

Some would say here that your psychiatrist had anxiety to think this negative  Cheesy Cheesy

I think more people sometimes thought that..
you are not alone..Martin Petersen did some research to find something about the RLR (at least it seems so in his last post in this thread). I did too. Its like your psychiatrist said. anyone can claim to be someone..on the net..
And I quess more people did look for some things about RLR

I agree with you Sto.. The way this RLR silence is played out is strange to say the least. Also the fact suddenly people became admins?? In all those years before never ever more admins were asked for.
So maybe someone knows something about RLR, or there finally is the simple fact we all did not know very much about RLR..so no-one knows whats going on.

Personally i was often surprised a 93 year old did weeks of work and travelling. I dont know many 93yrs old doing this..so another part of me admired that ..and I mirrored the possibility that I could live to be 93 and still be sound healthy and active.

What I dont understand is that thinking a 93 yr old has passed away..is seen as anxiety???   its normal deduction.

But I quess thats the only problem with this forum..and what I experienced  with this forum. Almost EVERYTHING was linked to anxiety..
If you got the label.. well everything you told and wrote..was anxiety..
no matter how physical the problem in the end was..

so i quess its very normal and logical for some to say that thinking a 93 yr old maybe passed away is anxiety talking.. Smiley
everything they are thought is the word anxiety to be the culprid. the magic word.. the holy grail  Wink

We all hope RLR is alive and well somewhere on a tropical island..
even if he wasnt a 93yr old neurologist . But I quess we have to face the real possibility he is no longer among us.
that saddens me..but I am grateful for his time and help.

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2013, 10:08am

Richie you are truly unbelievable!!!  If this site is of NO help to you then please leave!!!  

It has been a godsend fro me and MANY others and has given me my life back!!  Just because it doesnt work for you gives you ABSOLUTELY no right to try and discredit RLR or the amazing work he has done IN HIS FREE TIME for the people on this site....

If I was a Moderator you would be band from this site.....

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Jul 13th, 2013, 12:02am

Did i say anywhere it didnt help me???

for this you are angry at me?
But I quess thats the only problem with this forum..and what I experienced  with this forum. Almost EVERYTHING was linked to anxiety..
If you got the label.. well everything you told and wrote..was anxiety..
no matter how physical the problem in the end was..

( its not RLR i mean with this in particular??!!...its more RLR saying to someone it could be vagus induced and anxiety..with an explanation from him..and from that moment on everyone seemed to know its only anxiety in a person''s case...i had my fair share off that issue.
and in the end.. it was more physical and is more physical than anxiety..
Look at some reactions and posting lately about RLR 's "absence".. the first thing people write.... thinking that RLR could be that is anxiety..and so on).. _> this is exactly what  i mean..)

So its 'the truth 'and the only 'danger' of a forum like this ..espescially without RLR being here.  thats all i said.

IP Logged
sto12

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Reply #12 - Jul 13th, 2013, 12:04am

You would ban Richie for what reason exactly? That he dared to express an opinion about RLR's absence? You disagree with what I am saying but did you actually read what I said or did you just read the parts you didn't like? I never said that this forum had no value to those who come here seeking advice regarding concerns they have about their hearts. I expressed an opinion that I can't say for sure that I would come here if RLR ceased to contribute. I also said that I thought that some people here may be concerned that if RLR did cease to contribute then members may leave in droves. I certainly didn't imply that other members should leave if RLR does not come back. Nor did I say that people should stop reading his past contributions. If anything I believe the opposite. There is a wealth of information here and it is a valuable resource for those seeking answers and reassurance.

As far as your statement regarding banning Richie goes. He has done nothing to warrant being banned. He has not insulted people, he hasn't slandered anyone's character, he hasn't abused or sworn at people and he isn't a spammer. These are legitimate reasons for banning someone from a forum. But to ban someone for expressing an opinion?

In fact, there have been quite a number of occasions when Richie has been the only one who bothers responding to a thread starter with some form of advice. I have read some of the past exchanges between Dr Rane and Richie and it was apparent to me that Dr Rane was often frustrated with Richie's responses to his advice. I'm not going to weigh into any of that except to say that no matter how heated the exchanges became or how frustrated Dr Rane became with Richie he never attempted to ban him from the forum. This tells me that RLR clearly understood the concept of freedom of speech. Perhaps you need to become familiar with it just in case you do become a moderator.

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - Jul 13th, 2013, 12:13am

thank you Sto

an opinion is scary..
especially when its over someone or a forum where so many depend on.
It says something about their anxiety by the way.

I mearly stated my opinion too..just like you Sto..and Martin..cause I admired your statement and posting. you were writing what more people are thinking.
I agree also people only read a third and for the rest they interpretate things by their own emotions..
NO one said this site has no value...

about the moderator thing. its also strange people made mods and no one seems to know anything or answer a simple question who made people mods and for what reason?

About RLR.. like I said.. man i hope he is alright.

« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2013, 1:18am by richie »  
  IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Reply #14 - Jul 15th, 2013, 1:43am

SherriT wrote on Jul 8th, 2013, 2:00pm:
Hi there.  I am new here and am trying to absorb all this info.  I am a 50 yr old woman who has been having occasional heart palpitations for years.  I had a holter monito a few years ago but of course did not have any palps during that time.  For the past month, I have been having them non stop every day for most of the day.  They seem to be every second or third beat.  I am going to have anger holter monitor in 2 days.  I am worried that they have become non stop.  I really don't have any other symptoms. They seem to stop during the night.  I am wondering if it is Atrial Fib or something serious.  Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sherri

Hi Sherri,

How did your holter monitor go? Hopefully you should receive the results soon and your cardiologist will be able to tell you what's what. There are many reasons for heart palpitations to occur, so we shouldn't speculate it's atrial fibrilation at this point.

Remember, speculating doesn't get you anywhere. Facts are fact, truths are truths... only when you have knowledge can you draw conclusions.

N.B. this thread has become way off-topic, please let's keep member's questions free from unrelated discussion; perhaps we should debate the subject elsewhere?

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print