HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RLR's Absence (Read 38007 times)
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

RLR's Absence
Jul 12th, 2013, 9:56am

Many people have stated their concerns about the viability of this forum without RLR and I just wanted to say something...

If you have been checked out by your doctor and been given a clean bill of health as far as your heart then you are suffering from benign palpitations....IF THIS IS THE CASE....then this site, staffed by RLR or not in its current state is a TREASURE TROVE of information that can help you TREMENDOUSLY if you are willing to take the time to go back and read his post!!!  This site has MANY MANY years of him responding to posts.  If you read back and truly understand what RLR is trying to say it will help you more than you can imagine!!

One of the problems of people who suffer from anxiety is that they want a quick fix and will not see that their actions are most likely causing their symptoms....if you take the time to TRULY READ AND DIGEST what RLR states time and time again you will be able to live your life in the manner you once did!

But to say this website has no value without him at the helm is just utter nonsense!!!!!

IP Logged
bayroot

Heart Palpitations
Forum

Re: RLR's Absence
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2013, 2:39pm

Hear hear.

His words will live on long after he's gone.

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2013, 12:04am

who said this site has no value without RLR?

It does.
The only thing some people want to know is what is wrong with him and why suddenly people made admin and by who'm and for what reason..

and that some people please understand not everything is benign or anxiety..and we cant make that call ..
even for RLR this was tough..

IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2013, 1:00am

bigcountry wrote on Jul 12th, 2013, 9:56am:
Many people have stated their concerns about the viability of this forum without RLR and I just wanted to say something...

If you have been checked out by your doctor and been given a clean bill of health as far as your heart then you are suffering from benign palpitations....IF THIS IS THE CASE....then this site, staffed by RLR or not in its current state is a TREASURE TROVE of information that can help you TREMENDOUSLY if you are willing to take the time to go back and read his post!!!  This site has MANY MANY years of him responding to posts.  If you read back and truly understand what RLR is trying to say it will help you more than you can imagine!!

One of the problems of people who suffer from anxiety is that they want a quick fix and will not see that their actions are most likely causing their symptoms....if you take the time to TRULY READ AND DIGEST what RLR states time and time again you will be able to live your life in the manner you once did!

But to say this website has no value without him at the helm is just utter nonsense!!!!!

Good post, this is an important note for every new member on the forum. I believe that whether or not RLR is here, his words of wisdom will remain forever. All people need to do is search the forum and have a little patience. There are so many posts by Dr. Rane that I'm sure he's covered everything there is to know about palpitations, their causes and various concerns relating, as well as a lot more.

The forum will continue on and we will make sure that even if RLR cannot respond, we keep his words alive for the new members. He helped me overcome much of my troubles, and I think this is the last chance for our community thread. The doctor said we don't need his participation in that thread, let's keep it alive.

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
david
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2013, 6:17pm

No word from RLR on my end. There are 2 moderators now for one purpose only; to delete spam messages from the forum. There are no new admins only 2 new MODERATORS. This is temporary until RLR returns or the forum is shut down (put into read only mode). If the persons who are moderators do not wish to do this, let me know and I will change your status.

Thank you,

David

The Administrator.
  IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2013, 11:34pm

added september 2020

interesting to see this forum years later. Wish RLR was still among us. For his sake and for me to tell him he was dead wrong when he kept telling me it was hypochondriac and anxiety (my symptoms).  in 2016-2017 i got diagnosed by a professor i had severe dysautonomia!  Due to all the delay in diagnoses by doctors (cause they did not know much about this disease and their unwillingless to BELIEVE THEY CAN BE WRONG) my physical state was and is beyond any possibility to really recover. I was told a wheelchair was and is 90% in the cards and getting back to a bit of normal life would be 10 % at most..

yep..a true hypochondriac i was..
All my symptoms were explained by my dysautonomia!

For anyone who likes to know.. i am still beating the odds! (professor told me because i was/am mentaly so strong to endure my symptoms physically).  Times and opinions do change  Wink

hope you are all safe and healthy!

« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2020, 2:13am by richie »  
  IP Logged
david
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #6 - Jul 24th, 2013, 5:05am

This is not my forum nor is it operated by chemicalforums. It is operated soley by RLR. I lend technical assistance to RLR for free. Chemicalforums supplied free hosting as a favor to me. The forum will be put into read only mode because RLR is not here to operate it.

The Administrator.
  IP Logged
beadbabe
Gold Forum Member

UK
Reply #7 - Jul 28th, 2013, 1:05pm

Hi all
I'm a moderator on here (not sure why I still am, as I no longer visit regularly, but only drop by from time to time to see all is well).

To fill you in, I have no contact with rlr outside of the forum so I am as in the dark as you all. But whatever is the situation, what I do know is that rlr's words are always here for you to read, and you are not alone. rlr's straight talking and informative replies from all his previous postings are a valuable resource even if he is not here to talk to us today or tomorrow, or in future. (Of course we hope he will be!)

Just about every question you have ever had about funny heartbeats, palpitations, odd feelings in the chest - I guarantee you are not the first person to have that fear, that feeling, that concern. There is an absolute treasure trove of information and support to read through on this site. It's just a matter of believing it.

I've come a long way with my palpitations - I get ectopics every day, every minute, and perhaps they will never go away. I also have an irregular heartbeat (permanent t-wave inversion - no-one knows why) and I no longer let these things get to me. Okay, I have my moments, and I get that they are uncomfortable and not very nice, but I really don't care about them most of the time. And if I can get to that stage, so can you! Smiley

beadbabe  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print