Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26
Send Topic Print
Here's a Question for All of You (Read 387123 times)
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Here's a Question for All of You
Reply #300 - Jul 06th, 2012, 7:13am

Typer...great post and that is EXACTLY what I started doing a couple of weeks ago.....its amazing how automatic anxiety and its behaviors have become!!!  So automatic that you dont even notice 95% of them anymore.  I was actually shocked at my breathing, tenseness, and protective behaviors that I have developed.

Slowly I am trying to pay attention and stop "what I call the anxiety cascade" before it even takes place.

RLR was right when he said the amount of energy we spend every day trying to protect ourselves from whatever it is we fear is exhausting us.  If you can identify these behaviors, thoughts etc and change them...THIS IS THE KEY to moving on with your life.

I have been using CBT as well and I have had some of the best days I have had in years!

I will keep you all posted.

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #301 - Jul 12th, 2012, 11:30am

always good to hear good news..

I wish I could say the same. Burning skin still there ..all over my body. painful legs and shoulders, very fatique-tired. chest pain. My psychologist which I visit for some month now due to my doc thinks its anxiety and RLR thought a lot was anxiety related, thinks that anxiety has something to do with my sy,mptoms but she also thinks and notice i´m not as nearly as anxious that would normaly be logical with all my brusk symptoms. my heart rate in rest and through the day which were high a year ago are now fine. only in exercise it is quite high cause I have , i quess, a poor exercise condition. i am totaly out of shape.
I´m very disappointed that my symptoms doesnt subside or lessen .
the last weeks I had some anxiety like attacks at night.. trembling, feeling like passing out, warm , chest pain, belching a lot, but I got through them with a laugh on my face. `its all anxiety is what I say to myself.. and if i´m unlucky and it isnt anxiety , well than this is it, but I cant do anything more than that I did. I had tests, and been back to my doc now twice, asked some questions here,... nobody thinks something bad is going on..so.. what can i do more ??'

I wish that someone could explain me my burning skin for 4 weeks now.. all over my body , and 24/7 .. I get more and more aching legs. they feel heavy and bit painful on the muscles there....same on my shoulders and arms ..
its almost bizarre that no one (my doc, psychologist, also here) really cant explain why this in my case  is caused by anxiety and not something else( neuropathy) and what I can do about it?

It shouldnt be that difficult to know the difference I asked my doc?
But he said it is very difficult in this kind of vaque symptoms.
only because I have no weak reflexes or weakness he thinks its ok. but no quarantees as usual.
Thats why I want to know more about this .

I dont feel anxious , I feel disappointed. and almost frustrated why my symptoms are there 24/7 and never ever go away. Is that really anxiety or stress. or my CHV? I really want it to be..but how do I know?

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #302 - Jul 16th, 2012, 5:36am

anyone sometimes experience shooting pains on  your chest for about 20 seconds that travel to your left shoulder and chestside and arm.. ?
I had this today a few times, and although I cant believe its my heart cause I have numerous checks lately I slightly panicked.
I still feel a sore left shoulder and arm. the pain on the center of my chest subsided.

anyone recognize this?

IP Logged
alex.jones

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #303 - Jul 16th, 2012, 7:23am

Hi richie,
I get those shooting pains in my chest that radiate to left shoulder and arm plus to my upper back.  I don't bother with them anymore. They come and go as they please. I've spent a lot of time and money trying to get to the bottom of this. I know they're not heart related, or gastro-intestinal, or musculoskeletal - ruled out these after too many tests/procedures etc. One dr mentioned that it might be a nerve that misfires at times, but it's not something to worry about.
Try to ignore them. The more you focus on them the more they're going to control your life. (it's just an opinion based on my own experience)
best
Alex

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #304 - Jul 18th, 2012, 9:44am

thx Alex
hope you are feeling a bit better !!

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #305 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 10:01am

Just wanted to do a quick update:  I have been doing better with my anxiety in dealing with these skips and all my other anxiety symptoms.....one thing that is 100% sure is that Anxiety is the cause....how do I know this?  Because I have been studying myself from a global vantage point which I have never done before....watching my thoughts, behaviors, habits etc and it is AMAZING how many of these things are completely automatic now.

I have had some of the best moments, half days etc in years over the past couple of weeks.

I guess the best advice I can give is to watch yourself closely and it will be scary how many things you do soautomatically are causing what you hate.....

If you hit yourself in the finger with a hammer, and keep asking yourself why does my finger hurt, rather than putting the hammer down.....this is exactly what you are doing with yourself.....stop asking why your body is reacting to stress, find out the causes and then change that behavior, thoughts etc.

It isnt easy but it is the way out.

IP Logged
Dodger

No matter where you
go, there you are

Virginia
Reply #306 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 1:17pm

Nice post Big,  I have had exactly the same experience. Things have been going great lately. I have had a few episodes of skipped beats that have made my lite headed and i just stop for a second and move on. I really think the last time a had ay palpitations was over a month ago.

Hope every one is well and finding some peace. You all are not far from my thoughts

IP Logged
Typer
Gold Forum Member

From England UK

United Kingdom
Reply #307 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 3:57pm

Typer wrote on Jul 5th, 2012, 6:21pm:
Butting in...rather than following on. Just thinking back to the beginning of this thread and how we all struggled with it and how it now flows and rides and turns as we explore ourselves and our lives, as well as our bodies and the story they seem to tell.

It's hard though, to be totally honest with oneself and easier to use our intellect rather than our raw feelings. That is to say; we theorize and we ponder, but I feel we have lost the honesty (with ourselves) and the mindfulness we first attended to on this thread. Its nice to ponder and debate, but for me, after reading some of this I had a sort of epiphany:

Something I had noticed since the beginning of this thread (I realize this is probably not general but personal to me) was my body tension. I would note it as often as I could during the day. For example, sometimes...well most times, my legs would be entwined around each other in a sort of tension and I'd be hanging on to life in a sort of way because equally, my hands and arms would be hanging on to the side of a chair or clutching  my other hand or just curled into a fist...etc etc...

It was a weird kind of revelation because my body had not left my side (so to speak  Smiley) and yet I had not, until that time way back at the start of this thread, made myself be aware of it. It was almost as if my mind and body had stopped functioning together. As well as paying attention to my body when I remembered to, every hour, I made myself pay attention to my breathing, finding it was so shallow and realizing it was no wonder I was tense.

When I began to relax, I did feel better for a long while..still had palps but few. Then I let it go, just as I let this thread go and stopped working on that tension. here I am back to the tense, hanging on for dear life, palp filled life.

Your thoughts are welcome and if you prefer not to respond, that is fine too.

Hi again...sorry to quote my own post. Just wanted to say that for me, the more I do notice my body and how tense it is, as above...and by reminding myself regularly to breath properly and to unclench - my stomach acid and palps seemed to have lessened. In fact if I catch the tension in time, I can almost ensure the acid retreats most times. I have to say I am not sure how or why it works for me...onoy that by being mindful, I am getting a little better.

I agree though, its useful f we can get to the cause...but in my experience not always necessary which is why CBT works for some. For me the cause is not so much the horrendous stress I've had, but how I view stress and how I deal with, or more appropriate to me personally, how I do not deal with it.

I do know 2 people personally who have had palps after a bereavement but they went as time passed. For me its an inability to deal with stress and it sort of manifests in my body with palps and other maladies... too many to mention

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=343485201086
WWW   IP Logged
RLR
YaBB Administrator

Retired Physician

Reply #308 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 4:20pm

The content of the most recent postings is very enlightening with respect to the actual intent of this thread.

It is not the external search for answers by visiting the thread, but rather the search within to discover, acknowledge and assimilate the actual truth.

Again, note that the contributions on the thread are approximately 300, whereas the visits to the thread are nearly 11,000. This kind of disparity is very revealing and is one of the primary reasons that I originally established the thread. It constitutes a very common clinical feature of individuals who suffer from the type of anxiety being discussed on this forum.

The purpose of this specific thread is to provide the answers rather than questions, for the true answers do in fact exist in every single individual either visiting or contributing to this particular thread. Again, study the disparity of visits to the thread versus contributions and work to determine why such a phenomenon exists as a commonality among persons afflicted with anxiety of the type discussed here.  

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Best Regards and Good Health
  IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #309 - Jul 24th, 2012, 10:47am

Great Example...
I had to take a rep of mine to lunch yesterday.  I was having bad skipped beats all morning and I have stopped trying to figure out why for a while now so who knows why.  In the car on the way there I was really getting anxious....I just wanted to turn around and go home and crawl in to a hole.....but instead I stopped all my anxious thoughts on a dime and said lets look at this a different way.  SO I started looking at myself from a global view....I was tensing every muscle in my body, I was breathing erratically and my thoughts were going crazy!  So I took a step back and started with my thoughts.

I said RLR says these things are not dangerous...I have had all of the heart test with the same result....so why am I nervous.

Then I started looking in to all of the tenseness and said to myself you need to relax...if you are going to die from these beats then at least enjoy the last minutes of your life.

Next I went to my breathing...I slowed it down and thought of something relaxing.

After that I just engaged myself in conversation with my rep and said whatever will be will be and told myself to stop wasting my life trying to protect myself against every feeling I have.

It is stress causing these feelings...so realize it is stress and work on the causes not the feelings that come with it!

Hope this helps!

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #310 - Jul 26th, 2012, 10:56am

So I am learning a ton in my journey against Palps and anxiety and it really is amazing how much of what I am doing is learned habit and behavior.  I have days where all of the palps and anxiety symptoms are the same as they have been for years, but my awareness of how I am reacting to all of those is changing.....slowly....but at leasts its changing.

Anxiety is a state of mind...your mind does not know the difference of reality and the misinformation and scary thoughts you provide it on a minute by minute basis.....so change your thoughts and change your reality.

I will keep you all posted of my progress and hope that it helps even one of you because a life with anxiety over palps is really no life at all.

IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #311 - Jul 30th, 2012, 6:56am

last weeks , beside my continous skin burning for 2 months now almost, I experience more and more symptoms from my chest and heart.
I believe I have constochondritis like complaints on my chest. For the last 3 or 4 months I could reasonable easily put my fear for my chestsensations beside me. The thing is that it always feels like my body will produce more and more pain or symptoms that eventually I fall back in doubts. last weeks I notice I can hardly stand up straight or walk anymore or my chestpain increases instantly from 2or 3  to 5 or 6 or more (scale to 10)when I stand up and start walking. I almost start belching at the same time . It has come to a point that I dont like to stand up !!??  let alone walking and go out. The pain increases instantly while doing this and it sometimes it feel like its a bit stupid to keep walking or even standing up when this gives me more pain??!
Also at night I sometimes experience strange panic like sensations. I call them panic like cause I dont recognize whats going on. When i go to sleep i can hardly lay on my left or right side due to the pain on my chest. so only the back remains. I fall asleep quite easily and then after one or two hours I often wake up and instantly my chest and heart go wild. I feel nausiated and start beching like crazy. sometimes even trembling( the last symptom I often think its anxiety related like) the trembling and shivering is now gone , but I have this belching , nausiating feeling, painful chest, left shoulder and jaw and palpitations. So its all back..
The strangest thing is that including my shrink  and my doc thought and thinks my anxiety was less. He still thought that my skin burning was still anxiety related although the ER doc two weeks ago didnt think that there was any relation.

It probably is anxiety, also the chest pain symptoms belching and so on, but it isnt getting better..
its a strange and difficult to deal with

IP Logged
George

Clandestinely
incredulous

England
Reply #312 - Jul 30th, 2012, 9:32am

Richie,

I've noticed that in your posts you regularely claim with conviction that you've somehow contracted or developed a disease or disorder. If you had costochondritis, then it would be known to your doctors. According to Patient.co.uk, Costochondritis is something that can be diagnosed without even the need to equipment. I don't know if this is actually true, but I would be willing to trust the resource (http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Costochondritis.htm). They claim:

"Do I need any investigations?

No investigations (tests) are needed to confirm costochondritis. However, investigations may be performed to rule out other causes of chest pain if the cause of the pain is unclear. Examples of such tests would include an electrocardiogram (ECG - a heart trace) or a chest X-ray."

Approximately two years ago I had very scary chest pains for months on end and I was convinced beyond doubt I was having mini heart attacks every time they occured. Then one day while in the bath I noticed that every time I tried to sit up, I'd get moderate pains shooting, stabbing and cramping around my chest and upper back. They came on suddenly each time I used my arms to push myself up frontwards. It was from that point on that I began to realise the chest pains were caused by me being so tense and tight. I didn't even notice how tight I had my chest, back, arms, neck and abdomen, and to some extent, my legs. It would be fair to say I had almost all my major muscle groups clenched up ready for some terrible event never to occur.

Don't you ever notice this? Focus on your own body and you'll probably suddenly realise how tense you are. It's hard to let go of all the tension, but it's certainly achievable.

From mine, and probably others perspectives, you clearly have anxiety. I'm not going to condescend, but I know from my own experience that you are not prepared to accept your anxitey; even if you think it's secondary to your symptoms, which I have no position to comment on and Dr. Rane has tried to explain.

Interestingly, I've had some moderate sunburn this week and I'd be interested to know if my burns feel anything like the burning you descibred as "sunburn-like".

1. Sensitive to touch and painful when twisting the burnt body part (such as the neck).
2. Constant hot/warm on the burnt parts.
3. Tight.

Is this concordant with your symptom(s) of burning?

Crohn's disease (active terminal ileitis) - diagnosed 2007. Taking: Imodium 2mg x 2 daily. 25 years old (updated 10-June-2013).
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login
  IP Logged
richie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #313 - Jul 30th, 2012, 10:10am

hi George

I live in another country then you do. In my country costochondritis  isnt diagnosed . when you know what its not, you may call it costochondritis if you want to, but you cant be 100% diagnose costochondritis .. thats what my doc said.
So its not that easy to say I have it. I have symptoms that very well could be costo said my doc. but also anxiety is mentioned. also CHV.
you would think all would take another treatment, but again, my doc says in my case the treatment isnt that different.
The doctor and in the hospital people know to say what I dont have but dont know what I do have. So anxiety is named. which is true. I dont deny that. CHV is tested and diagnosed. costochondritis could be.

the sunburning feels like a constant sunburn like carpetrub like burning on my legs and arms and torso, feet and hands. when my skin touches clothes or my bed blankets it feels itchy burning. when I sit my buttock feels slight burning. my back feels the same burning when i sit against something with my back. when you rub your skin the burning intensifies. but also when not touching it ..they feel like sunburning on my skin ..mostly the legs..  when i stretch my wrists or kness I can feel it intensify
leaning on my arms.. burning intensifies there.
Laying under my blankets and it gets warmer..it feels hot, and around my kness more burning. its constantly there. sometimes a bit cold burning on my legs espescially when I dont touch anything with it
hope this gives you more idea if its the same

IP Logged
bigcountry

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #314 - Jul 30th, 2012, 12:23pm

Well I had a great weekend....not that I didnt have palps or anxiety but I have been slowly changing my attitude to them and ITS WORKING!!!   I use to have 1000's of skips a day....now I am having 100's.  Those 100's when they happen I just let them happen....I tell them to do their best and I am not scared anymore...AND I TRULY AM NOT.  

It is a great feeling and anxiety and palps have owned me for 7 years straight BUT NOT ANY MORE....am I healed...NOPE....do I care....NOPE.  I am on the road to recovery....I know many of you will ask, How do you know?  Because I have never felt like this towards my symptoms.  I truly dont care and when you get to that point you will understand exactly what I am talking about.

Please understand that my goal now is to get my life back.  IT ISNT TO GET RID OF THESE PALPS....I am prepared to have them the rest of my life if that is what happens then so be it.  What I am not doing anymore is letting them scare me, or believing that they will harm me in any way.

Thats the difference.

I hope this helps and I will keep you all posted.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26
Send Topic Print